What Comes After the Watchtower Collapse?

by schnell 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Like others have said, WT isn't collapsing just morphing into something else.

I'd say everthing we see even their doublespeak as to the "work moving ahead at an accelerated pace" and at the same time "more money going out that is coming in" is all just to distract and keep people guessing, while the incremental (emphasis on the mental) transformation is talking place.

How do you boil a frog??

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

For me - Several pints of beer with a few whiskey chasers thrown in for good measure

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

After the Watchtower collapse, there will be a luncheon buffet and a no-host bar.

• The Fugitive
    The Fugitive

I think the end game would be for them to add a pay wall to the website. They could save a ton of money because they could stop publishing all physical books, magazines and other reading materials and put all of that material on the website behind the pay wall. The WTS would then have consistent monthly cash flow because all good little witnesses would be expected to be paying members of the website. One's membership status and field service activity could be seen by other paying members in a quasi-Facebook kind of way thus retaining the social pressure for dubs to stay in the organization and send in their money every month. The website would serve as an effective way to manage the slow decline of the organization.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Your right steve2 , my bad.thanks for the correction , I must be getting old.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I think their plan is to eventually become strictly an online religion.

The WT's interests lie elsewhere. The "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" is a millstone around their neck. It only serves to give them tax free status. For now.

Take away their tax free status and it will be sink or swim for the religion. But the WTS will survive. Quite well, likely. It is an octopus - the religion is only one arm

• schnell
    schnell

Didn't they recently announce that they want more programmers?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They stopped serving food am I correct? If this is so then that's huge!!!! Maybe they will go bye bye or turn into something small very soon. I mean thier already small almost non significant but hopefully much smaller sooner.

Not serving food is huge to me!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. OrphanCrow's post...

And I suspect loss of tax-exempt status is a distinct possibility, if only because the standards are evolving in a direction that they cannot or will not comply with.

In which case, (and particularly considering that they seemed to have peaked in terms of revenue flow) the continued liquidation of their global assets and transition into an "e-religion" is probably the most viable means of survival.

Which is actually fine by me...

...the fewer actual, physical congregations, the easier it'll be for people to leave.

And the more people that leave, the more will realize that they can leave.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

What will be intresting to see is what happens when they start selling off more of the kingdom halls,what the rank and file do will they start to travel longer distances or just not go.warwick will be the last place going because the people in charge live there, so in time it will be lets sell that hall in texas or on the west coast and if the local dubs dont like it TOUGH and if they try to complain we will kick them out of jw land.so the clock is ticking for jw land because all the people getting their hours in have to have somthing to give the general public and even if its single page tracts that they are using now, they still cost money

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit