10 years on.....

by snare&racket 46 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Great OP.

You're one of the great success stories on here, Snare, among others.

I gotta say, you and Billy The Ex-Bethelite provided some inspiration for me to thrive at uni. I figured if you guys could stick with it and do well, then so could I.

I hope you have a long, successful career in medicine.

• tiki
    tiki

Awesome! This is a wonderful life story highlighting your honesty, intelligence and common sense . love it!! Keep up the good work!!!

• Tallon
    Tallon

Hello S & R

Great post and so encouraging to read. Congratulations on reaching your dream of becoming a doctor. Wishing you all the best with your future endeavours.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

But we were told anyone who leaves winds up in the gutter with all the other degenerates.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Great success story! I'm glad you had the strength and 'guts' to follow your heart.

Primum non nocere.....a maxim that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witness would do well to learn and imitate.

• Hecce
    Hecce

One of the best OPs that I have seen.

Kudos

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Thank you for such wonderful story. Amazing reflection of your ten years out. I relate to everything except:

I kept my thoughts to myself, smiled with sincere sadness in my heart for him and walked away.

I wish I had the ability to keep my cool that way. Beautifully done.

Once again, thank you.

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

Thank you for sharing your story. I am so happy for you. Witness kids that do not wake up are going to struggle their whole life. I spoke with a couple young brothers in service not long ago and asked them how they would ever be able to support a family. They were out of high school, pioneering and waiting for Armageddon, living at home. What a shame. I was not fully awake and still felt bad for them. Thanks again

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thanks so much for dropping by and sharing your story!

I just LOVE a Happy Ending!

(Not a real) Doc

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Love these experiences! Thanks for posting it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit