10 years on.....

by snare&racket 46 Replies latest jw friends

• fulano
    fulano

Great S&R!! I wish all the best.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

The greatest revenge is a life well lived. Thanks for sharing your story. We need these positive outcomes shared. It is possible to live a great life today. No need to wait until a fairy tale comes true.

• freddo
    freddo

"Dignity and class" as Billzfan said.

Dignity and class, S&R!

Top Post. Bloody Good Top Post.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I hope in ten years time I too will be able to provide a story as inspiring as this one. Congratulations my friend.

• stillin
    stillin

Very nice S&R. Love hearing about epiphanies like yours. I only wish that I had had one sooner. A medical career should have been my real "calling" too. Thinking the fool thought that "no resident will say 'I am sick'" kept me from chasing it.

Good for you! Thanks for sharing!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SNARE&RACKET:

Congratulations on your success after the JW religion! Interesting story about your treating a Witness you once knew. I wonder what he went back and told other Witnesses?.. "Hey, I was treated by Dr. Snare..."

Let them all eat their hearts out and congratulate themselves on how "spiritual" they are.

Even though I've been out about seventeen years, like you I have no regrets except that I should have exited sooner. I'm retired now and grateful I ignored all the stupid talk against careers.

• carla
    carla

A life well lived, congratulations on all your hard work! Wishing you many years of happiness.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Snare,

Nice to hear from you again. I know you are busy doing the heavy-lifting to keep humanity healthy, but come back from time to time and inspire us with your story.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WONDERFUL post!

Thanks for checking in and sharing it with all here.

Keep up the great work, and keep enjoying life!

Much love and respect my friend.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Thank you for all the kind words. For those that think they are beyond turning their life around, medical schools accept students right into their 40's. I didn't graduate until early 30's. Don't hold off because of age, no matter what you want to do with your......life after watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit