At what point does the head quarters put out workers?

by mickbobcat 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

At what point does the JW head quarters put people out. I know if they get pregnant and are not essential they are gone. What about injuries, illness ect?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Some bethelite can answer better but; the minute they become a burden they are sent away. Whether it is age, illness, just like a farmer with a work horse. The elite are kept on and those are showcased.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I did see in a couple of congregations I was in that the JWs who had businesses would hire the older JWs who did not prepare for retirement. In one case an old drywall hanger who could not hang anymore a builder JW hired him to paint. He was slow not due to being lazy but he was very old in his 80s. It was a pity job.

• hoser
    hoser
    It’s telling when many “worldly” corporations treat their old workers better than the Jws.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MICKBOBCAT & HOSER:

From what I heard: people would be sent home permanently from bethel because of illness, age, serious infraction and if somebody didn’t like their attitude.

And, Yes, a ‘worldly’ employer at least usually gives some severance and the person has paid into Social Security!

We have heard of hundreds over the last two decades who were sent home - mostly because of age (55 ish) it would seem. Hopefully, they have gotten jobs from brothers with businesses and are ‘settled’ at this point. They may not be thrilled at their situation but I believe they are better off than those who are let-go years later.

As far as ‘pity’ jobs go, it’s possible some aren’t so capable and some brother is just tolerating them. [But, this just adds to the problem of people ALREADY in congregations who never prepared for Retirement!..And I’m GLAD I’m not around them.]

After what has already happened in all the bethels, anybody STILL at a bethel had better prepare and have a plan for when the letter is slipped under THEIR door! They can’t say they weren’t warned.

Also, because of halls being sold off - some ex-bethelites won’t have a physical congregation to go TO. It’s going to be very hard for any future bethelites who get kicked out - not only because of this but because of the generally bad economic condition in the country because of Covid.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I have a cousin in Bethel. He is a buying agent for the cult. I also have friends who were doing the need is great crap and then when called went to Bethel. They are about 55 yo now.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    He was slow not due to being lazy but he was very old in his 80s. It was a pity job.

This is why we need a decent charity for cult victims. I can’t tell you how angry that makes me.

Now THAT makes me want to throw a bucket of cold water over those fat cat Watchtower lawyers Who you can BET are getting the full worldly salary for the hours and HOURS of useless stalling and generally appalling law advice they over charge watchtower for.

The JW accountants that are paid top dollar to squeeze every penny out of the government in aid and grants ie for printing literature in obscure native languages etc

Not to mention the JW big business men. “brothers” who get the big watchtower contracts, FULLY knowing its bullshit, but financially on to such a good little earner they’d never leave.

People often ask, “but who really stands to gain” and apart from governing body (and governing body helper) adulation, the aforementioned are the real JW financial winners.

And not one of those bastards would give that old brother so much as a sniff off of their turd😩 Just as if it were - oh, I don’t know - a business

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"This is why we need a decent charity for cult victims. I can’t tell you how angry that makes me."

You and me both. The look on JWs faces. They still believe the rubbish hook line and sinker. You can see it in their faces trying to grasp everything. I get so mad.

• Overrated
    Overrated

When I was in I thought of Bethell, but glad I didn't. Seeing how self serving the watchtower is.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Worse yet, in the US, those older workers that are let go, don't even qualify for social security, as most working americans do. I think it is you have to work at least 10 years to qualify for SS with a job that pays your half of SS tax. They were misled into thinking "this generation will not pass away", so they didn't save for their old age, or have children to take care of them in their senior years. It truly is an evil corporation that should pay for their lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit