No Christmas, birthdays, easter...oh and we want your circus money too!

by John Free 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would seem that this newly devised digital format for people to donate cash to the WTS is being exploited to the fullest.

Most Assembly Halls in North America have ATM machines in them now, right next to contribution boxes.

Money seems to be the most focused item or agenda going on with the WTS in recent times. $$$$$$$$$

Its quite obvious that the WTS are once again showing deceiving tactics to acquire even more money. Never honestly disclosing how much the organization has recently acquired by selling off many of its property holdings around the world for over 1 billion US.

The old slight of hand trick is being utilized by this very dishonest religious publishing house.

• John Free
    John Free
    When its all built at Chelmsford, and they sell their considerable property portfolio in Mill Hill...do you think they'll give the money back to their dear brothers??
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Think about the bloated fat ass GB members playing with hundreds of millions $$$

But still encouraging JWS children to give up their candy money .

• sissyb
    sissyb
    When I was in the 6th grade, my congregation needed a larger KH, so they started to build it, then soon ran out of money. One day my dad suggested that it would be really helpful if I gave the money in my piggy bank to the fund. I flat out said no, I've been saving up for months for a new radio - I don't want to give any money. I could tell he was disappointed, and he tried pressuring me a little more, but I didn't care. I bought my radio and had it for years. They never got a dime out of me.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

A donation line even... For that more personal touch. :(

And you get an acknowledgment of cancelled and curtailed projects. Surely some people are wondering what happened to the funds already donated for the worldwide building work... aren't they?

• brandnew
    brandnew

Retirement homes for the watchtower elite only.

Chelmsford, Warwick...blah , blah, blah.

Mad Puppy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow...yes, more classic 'guilt inducing' techniques....

Didn't the bible say that the isrealites willingly donated MORE THAN NEEDED out of the willingness of their hearts? Wasn't that supposed to be PROOF of divine backing?

They had an ABUNDANCE so that Moses had to tell them TO STOP giving!

SO, by that line of reasoning, if the society today has to CONTINUALLY BEG for more money, is that not proof of a LACK of divine backing??

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Well, they aren't getting any of my silver. Instead of sending negative psychic energy to every Sophia and/or Caleb (and every family with a member with one of those names) by donating to the Worldwide Damnation Fund, I would rather go to the circus. In fact, I would rather go see Led Zeppelin. And, I will take all of my Worldwide Damnation Fund money and buy silver with it.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

As soon as I get some ram skins I will be glad to donate them.

Marina

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"emmett" from the southern united states donated 4 of his gold teeth to the world wide work. "i certainly can live with my other 12 teeth, and enjoy with the rich blessings of Jehovah!" said emmett.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit