Big news from Kim and Mikey, they state in thier latest video proof the WT invested in the Nazi war machine!!

by Crazyguy 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Freddo. Why in god's name are you after a retraction and an apology? What's wrong with exposing this organisation that is proven to be insidious and corrupt to its very core?

I really don't get the negativity at something that I personally believe the Watchtower are very capable of doing.

• cofty
    cofty
    something that I personally believe the Watchtower are very capable of doing

The only question that matters is whether or not they did do it. It would appear to be a false accusation. Unfounded, exaggerated and sensationalist stories are counterproductive.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

If you are passionate and sincere about exposing history, then get your facts correct, because history is hard to cover and irresponsible comments are "counterproductive". However if based on facts people don't like history being challenged it's "productive" regardless.

• freddo
    freddo

@Thisisme ...

What's the point of posting unsupportable allegations about the WT, especially when the documents clearly indicate otherwise? I saw the documents and read them when posted previously. They do not support what Mikey and Kim say they do IMO. To not call it out feeds into the "Apostates lie" lie that comes from WT.

They have been over eager. They should apologise. Just like Cedars did over a fake recording that he attributed to the WT when it wasn't so.

It takes big men and women to say sorry we got it wrong and they go up in my estimation when they do.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I agree with Freddo,

There were many American based businesses/companies who were operating in some form of business practice before the war broke out and perhaps carried on while the war progressed, that doesn't necessarily mean they were supporting Hitler and his Nazi political regime.

Personally I think this report was established to reveal Ford's acceptance of Nazism at the time and his business dealings operating in Germany during the war.

Mike and Kim like to color up the facts in their intent toward darkening the image of the WTS. In this situation they have done it again.

These two have such aggravated hate for the WTS they over cede the facts and create something completely on their own.

It is true that Rutherford at the time of Hitler's control over Germany wrote a letter to him of acceptance of his regime but that was to done so to help the WTS operate without condemnation or intrusion from Hitler and his political ideology.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The biggest thing is that no one really cares. Rutherford and his well documented two faced approach to Hitler is of very little interest to anyone in the org, let alone some fairly sensationalist misappropriation of data in a report.

When you wake up the facts about WTS hypocrisy over political matters like Malawi, Mexico, the UN and Hitler take on a meaning and import but I would submit that these are rarely the driving forces or even the straws that break the camel's back behind an individual waking up. Most Witnesses couldn't care less about what the WTS did or didn't say 5 years ago.

It's just a shame that this claim could actually turn someone off due to it simply reinforcing the stereotype of the bitter apostate presenting lies.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Finkelstein: It is true that Rutherford at the time of Hitler's control over Germany wrote a letter to him of acceptance of his regime but that was to done so to help the WTS operate without condemnation or intrusion from Hitler and his political ideology.

Well...you can color it that way. Rutherford was not against Hitler's ideology...as long it it served to benefit Rutherford.

In reality, the letter was an attempt to get the WTS printing presses in Germany released back to the WTS. When Hitler came to power in 1933, the very first thing he did was take control of ALL press, including seizing the WTS printing presses.

"...to help the WTS operate without condemnation or intrusion from Hitler and his political ideology" is not correct. Rutherford tried very hard to align himself and his new religion, the Jehovah's witnesses, with Hitler's ideology. He wanted his money maker, the WTS, to operate freely and spread whatever propaganda they wanted. Hitler didn't want that - he wanted control of ALL propaganda.

Rutherford employed the help of the US government in getting his precious printing presses released under terms of the Versailles Treaty. When the presses were seized for a second time...that was when Rutherford came out against the Nazis...if he had been allowed to keep his printing pre$$e$, the stance of the JWs in Germany would have been radically different.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

freddo 6 hours ago

Let's hope Mikey and Kim issue a retraction and an apology just as we would wish (pigs might fly) the WT to do.

Just as they would expect Cedars to do!

• Mephis
    Mephis

Agree with Slimboyfat. I know different things appeal to different people but playing to JW stereotypes of apostates doesn't seem helpful to me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't believe that Mike and Kim are ill-intent. There is a large difference between intentionally lying and being overly eager and making mistakes, even huge ones such as this.

Sounds like what someone might say to excuse the WT for all the End Time prophecies..............DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit