Big news from Kim and Mikey, they state in thier latest video proof the WT invested in the Nazi war machine!!

by Crazyguy 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Listener
    Listener

I agree Slimboyfat. That is why I am trying to put to bed the claims that are being made. The sooner Mike and Kim take down that video the better.

It's like saying that the millions of dollars worth of Assets that the Watchtower held in the USA during WWII is proof that they were supporting the USA war efforts.

• awake living free
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would be surprised if they read that earlier thread but decided to run with the "story" anyway. I don't have a good impression of their output.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Listener. Would you say the same thing regarding John Cedars and the whole CoC debacle? We cannot have one rule for one, and one rule for another!

I believe this is realistically a personal attack on two individuals credibility and nothing more.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I don't believe that Mike and Kim are ill-intent. There is a large difference between intentionally lying and being overly eager and making mistakes, even huge ones such as this.

I just hope that they read this thread, remove the video and make another saying "sorry". In that regard, John Cedar's latest apology was "high class".

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

These types of claims are worth looking into but yes Kim and Mike should do more fact checking before just doing a video. The paper doesn't show exactly what the WT invested in Germany. I also didn't like Mike personal beliefs being put out there. Make apostate videos that destroy the WT credability but don't destroy your own in the process .

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I think the bigger issue that has gone over people's head is the fact that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society makes investments, period. I remember stories of brothers being "stumbled" to learn other brothers did this as it was viewed as "gambling".

• Listener
    Listener
    Thisismein1972 Would you say the same thing regarding John Cedars and the whole CoC debacle? We cannot have one rule for one, and one rule for another!
    I believe this is realistically a personal attack on two individuals credibility and nothing more.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5199478290120704/cedars-again-really-about-religious-beliefs

My intent is not to attack Mike & Kim, they do a tremendous job. They put so much effort into their work and more importantly, they have helped and continue to help so many people. I personally find them very endearing. They have so much enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, there are times when they provide misinformation. I don't for one minute, think this is on purpose, it's just a fallout from all the information they receive and wade through. What concerns me is that misinformation is being spread and that is not a good thing.

CrazyGuy is right in saying that these things are worth looking into. When these issues are 'out there', it is not a bad thing to discuss them.

Do you really think that I've attacked Kim and Mike? If so, could you please point out where I have done this so that I can personally reconsider how I phrase comments.

• Mr Negative
    Mr Negative

Mike and Kim are always doing things like this, and unfortunately, this is why JWs can get away with saying apostates are liars or mistaken. They need to learn to fact-check, think critically, and not just put out any and every bit of gossip they hear. This sort of nonsense does more harm than good when trying to assist JWs to see the real problems with the cult they are involved in. I believe they have good intentions, but they just don't have good enough investigative abilities, and should always err on the side of caution rather than jump too quickly to put out false information.

• freddo
    freddo

Let's hope Mikey and Kim issue a retraction and an apology just as we would wish (pigs might fly) the WT to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit