Polls Vs. Crowds

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I found a Drudge replacement, The Tatum Report - officer Tatum is awesome.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have to wonder if it's all a scam on the American citizens? Do we really have any control over it? Or are the puppeteers pulling all the strings and all this is just a "show" to make us feel like we have some control?

Remember the Gore v Bush election? Bush declared the winner THREE WEEKS after the election with the SCOTUS making the decision (7-2, so at least it was not a 5-4 decision) that resulted in Florida going in the Bush win column and Bush garners 271 electoral votes. (ONE over the 270 needed to win.)

I would not be surprised if election results are just as crazy this time.

Get the beer and popcorn and watch the theatrics!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

This election is going to be one for the history books. Not to be missed. I am hoping my 15 year old will watch it with me. She's not too into it unless we get into a discussion about it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

There's definitely a trend in the polls - both in America and Britain.

Polls on the 2016 Brexit referendum had Remain winning.

Polls on the 2016 US election had Hillary winning (lol).

Polls on the 2019 UK election had it close (it was a Tory landslide; Corbyn was routed, lol).

And now polls say that Biden is comfortably ahead.

The one thing to remember, even if you forget everything else, is that polls are designed and carried out by humans. And all humans are biased.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

LUHE, also, due to the nature of extreme hatred being carried out against people who even suggest voting for Trump, those Trump supporters who answer the polls likely either lie or refuse to submit/answer. It happened in the previous election when the Trump hate was mild compared to now.

• Simon
    Simon

Apparently even Obama managed to attract a "crowd" of only 38 people at a campaign stop yesterday (unclear if they counted their own staff to boost the numbers). His star power has certainly faded fast - people have now seen how corrupt he really was and the "hope" act was all baloney.

If the polls show the dems up in Philadelphia after a night of rioting, looting and shooting then you know how bogus they are because I refuse to believe that anyone wants and votes for more of that, and the people doing it are a minority because otherwise it would be happening all the time. You have to give it to the dems, only they could pull something like that a week before an election!

Fun fact: the police chief of Philadelphia previously ran Portland. That's some "I can keep law-and-order" resume to have eh?! Her name is "Outlaw" too. LOL

• minimus
    minimus

The Democrats support these peaceful protesters that loot and burn and pillage. I agree that most Americans do not want this happening. I still think Trump wins big!

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

Yeah Bidens has a great plan for the Corona virus? To save 10000 if lives. Only he will not tell what it is till after the election. Talk about bullcrap.

• minimus
    minimus

Angel, you support BLM. Enough said.

• Simon
    Simon

Reminder: nonsense claims that Trump is the 2nd coming of Hitler will be removed. If you say the word "Nazi", you don't get to take part in the discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit