2017 Sunday RC Final Talk & Comments About 1975

by baldeagle 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Many of us here have commented on the deceitful Friday afternoon video shown at the 2017 RC that discussed 1975.

The video attempted to shift the blame onto congregation members for the fiasco saying, "Some were looking to a certain date as signifying the end of this old system of things."

This same video mentions how, “A few even went so far as selling their homes and quitting their jobs.”

We all know that the WT leadership created this teaching and endorsed it right up to its abject failure.

Now below is the concluding talk given on Sunday at the RC. In the talk, the speaker refers to the late 1960’s and early 70’s saying that, “Back then many of us believed that the end was going to come in 1975.” The speaker admits that he and his family “thought the end could come by 1975.”

He further adds that these expectations caused his mother and brother to start pioneering in 1971, himself in 1972 and his father sold their house in 1973 etc.

Watch From: 1.00 (1 hour mark) until around the 1.05 (1 hour 5 min mark).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TtVsCthapQ

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting they should say the actual date in the talk. I thought they had avoided mentioning the actual date in the video. I wonder if they will find a speaker at each convention who can relate to the event.

The Kingdom song at the start reminds me of Adiemus, especially when it's in another language.

https://youtu.be/aL8kZ-iVk90

• zeb
    zeb

sleezy s*** . and how did his dad get on when the money run out and he had to get another house? How is his mum and dad going now 42 years later?

I recall vividly the pushing of 1975. As with Malawi they blame the individual jw.

Oh how they will shriek when the dam bursts over them.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Marked. I'll watch this later.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Listening further on he makes the spurious assertion (based on applying random events in JW history as fulfillments of prophecy) that ALL the prophecies (In Daniel?) that relate to the "anointed" have already been fulfilled, there is nothing more to happen! Inferring that there is nothing preventing Armageddon coming tomorrow...

Interesting that in the Finished Mystery book of 1917 the same claim was made 100 years ago - there is listed there 88 prophecies that were claimed to have been absolutely and without a doubt fulfilled in connection with the anointed by 1914.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    doubtfull1799 - 88 prophecies

The number 8, repeated twice, evidently an overlapping number, clearly denotes that the author of The Finished Mystery was directed by holy spirit.

No doubt the Lackawanna railway line had something to do with it.

• alanv
    alanv

The further we get from 1975, the more the org can safely talk about it if they need to, as so many from that time are no longer around. But luckily todays retired generation are around and we can show very clearly from the orgs own literature how it was them, not the witnesses themselves that grew all the excitement about the end coming. Food at the proper time? What a joke.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Why is this topic part of the convention program?

Is it an actual jw discussion?

Don't understand the reason for it.

G.

• dogon
    dogon

What a total load of bull shit. I have heard this before and its as sick now as it was then. Nothing these asshats have ever said has come to pass. fuck em and I hope they rot.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is some great (clever) propaganda.

Like the 1914 issue (100 years of nothin' happening), I think they have decided it's better to address it "head on" than try to ignore it. I can hear them now -- JWs will look at it as though "they (GB) are not trying to hide anything" and "it was just a mistake by sincere, imperfect men". "We are not living for a date, we are dedicated to Jah forever."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit