Ozzie's Weekend Poll #60

by ozziepost 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day UpAndAtom,

Owyergoinnmate? Orright? Have I welcomed you aboard? If not, here's a big G'day from Noo Sarf Wales!!

To answer (belatedly) your queries:

Publishers (i.e. the R&F) obtain their magazine supplies at the Kingdom Hall where they make a personal donation to "the World Wide Work" by putting money in a box marked for the "World Wide Work" (I think this is a trade mark expression ).

At the doors, they offer the magazines freely, but solicit donations "to the World Wide Work". When next at the KH the publishers places this donation in the Contribution box marked "Donations for the World Wide Work".

Thus the publishers cough up for the magazines and the WTS is receiving (more) donations.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ozzie

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

G'Day Ozzie and thanks for the welcome - I feel at home now.

Thanks for the explaination. If I read this right (?) it looks as though the publishers are the ones that fund the organization and are the main consumers of the magazines (ie. paying for them) whilst the door-to-door sales pitch seems a moot point? Who then is the sales person? I suppose they don't even need to go door to door to fund their organization, what with all the books lying around peoples homes and some of the stories I've heard about fire kindling.

Cheers,

UpAndAtom.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I suppose they don't even need to go door to door to fund their organization,

Possibly. The thing is that the door to door work 'drives' the distribution of literature. Without this work, the R&F wouldn't have reason to 'purchase' their supplies.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit