Why do Jehovah`s Witnesses Shun fellow believers When God and Jesus never shunned even Satan ?

by smiddy3 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

scholars generally agree that it was written between the 7th and 4th centuries BCE, with the 6th century BCE as the most likely period for various reasons. The book of Job .

So according to JW`s about 6,000 years ago Satan rebelled against Jehovah God ,did Jehovah disown him there and then shunning him ?

Apparently not as we can read from the book of Job Centuries later that Satan could still come and go freely before the throne of Jehovah in Heaven .Job 1: 6

And apparently he could still do this for centuries later ,that is coming to and fro before Jehovah because according to the JW religion he wasn`t cast out of heaven for another 2,000 years until the 20th Century .

Now in the case of Jesus much of what is said about Jehovah and Satan also applies to Jesus before he came to earth.

But even when he was on earth he didn`t shun Satan either in fact he allowed Satan to lead him around according to the Bible account.Luke 4:13 So the devil having concluded all the temptations retired from him until another convenient time .So it wasn`t Jesus calling the shots here it was Satan .

Mark 1: 13 He ,Jesus, also shared 40 days in the wilderness with Satan letting him tempt him .

So their was no way either Jehovah or Jesus ever shunned Satan the devil according to the Bible writings.

And when Jesus ascended to heaven after his sacrifice he along with his father Jehovah still had association with Satan the devil until he was cast out of heaven 2,000 years later ,according to the JW`s.

• wozza
    wozza

Hi Smiddy

This seems very reasonable ,but then we are talking about people who have left their reasoning skills at the door.

And the response from them to the inconsistency you have pointed to is probably along the lines of "oh yeah but we are only human they are spirit creatures"

Like Bethel can have books from other religions but you can't because holy spirit is at Bethel and the top brothers are protected.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only reason for the DFing thing is Control. It is on extremely shaky ground as a practice if you read, IN CONTEXT, all the Scriptures they "base" it on.

But it is beloved by the G.B as a control technique because the pull of family is strong, and it more often than not stops any of the TTAT getting to the J.W's, even people like me, merely faded/inactive, refrain from discussing religion with J.W's, because a DFing is always a threat. Control, Control is the G.B's Mantra.

• cofty
    cofty

What Phizzy said

All cults isolate their apostates.

That's also why they use synonyms of cleanness and contamination.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

DF'ing is an act of love------don't ya know! It started with the control freak-----Rutherford! And of course, it's only about loyalty to an organization--has nothing to do with god!

just saying!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Simple answer:

The shunning thing was primarily in Paul's writings, such as 1 Corinthians.

That was after the time of Jesus.

Jesus was not aware of the Noo Light while he was on earth. When Paul wrote the article, Jesus had already left and went back to Heaven.

Rub a Dub

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

it's only about loyalty to an organization--has nothing to do with god!

The JWS heads (GB) claim to be god's spiritually chosen ones, so to object to their expressed doctrines (bible interpretations) is in kind objecting to god Jehovah an act of apostasy.

Likewise the ancient Hebrew high priests could have one of their citizens killed for acts of apostasy if the person was persistent .

A semblance of power and control supports those men who are at the the top of the power structure which can be seen in most organized religions.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It is because 1914 was the Judicial Committee meeting. It was only after this that the appropriate announcement was made in heaven, followed by a special needs talk.

• waton
    waton

In the stories, "satan' and the 2 big "Js" discussed serious doctrinal matters together, a strict no no for wt land "elders" with apostates, or jw family members, except for essential business.

remember the 3 protagonists here were all family members. so:

wt wrong again, out on a limb? without a precedent to fall back on? just ready for another doctrinal fall or fail?

• caves
    caves

MeanMrMustard- LOL

Smiddy3- I use to ask these types of questions growing up. No wonder it seemed I was always in trouble. I was just using logic and was to little to know that I wasn't supposed to (in the jw org). In time, it warped me into thinking that my logic was flawed. Something that has had deep tentacles in my mind causing me all sorts of unnecessary blips in life. Its taken sooooo long to trust my own gut and logic.

Im sure in answer to the question a jw would probably say that "only jehovah knows". Or that "he is jehovah , that's why". Kind of like a parent that always says "because I said so". Yet never explains why, because the 'why' is a control issue and they must have it to be right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit