TO SELECTED BODIES OF ELDERS ASSIGNED TO THE COVID-19

by pixel 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

The Farmers to Families food box program here in the US expires 12-31-20. Rather than saying the program from the government expired and they have no intention to funding something like that themselves, they are lying and saying they had safety concerns and are suspending it.

It never ceases to amaze me how they feel the need to lie when it really isn't even necessary.

And of course they aren't going to use their funds or congregation funds to perform actual charity work! I mean, it's not like they are a not for profit or anything like that?? LOL

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

I remember an article critizising Christendom for doing activities like pantries because first and foremost should be the preaching !

Good for them, becoming more mainstream each day. One day they are gonna become part of the community too, volunteering, etc.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

This is interesting, does it apply only to the U. S., or is it a world wide directive?

Suspending a government sponsered food program because of 'safety' concerns seems odd, especially when it goes on to say, get help from local government if it's available.

You know with the org that there is always more to the story.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

If Witnesses are desperate they must rely on either:

Satan's "evil" government

Satan's "Babylonish" churches

For help. Remember, no help will be forthcoming from Branch, circuit or congregation funds😒

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

“Eldubs, you are on your own. We never would have even helped you, but we figured we could use the food program and pretend it was our idea. Now that the jig is up, you need to figure it out and assume all responsibility and liability.”

- Tomo

DD

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

This is disgusting. At my church, we don't say no funds will go towards food for those needing it. No, we have a Benevolence fund for our members needing help and we collect food and money for rent assistance and for food banks. That's what Christians do. And then there's Watchtower. I don't know what you'd call them!

• hoser
    hoser

What I find disturbing is the encouragement from the organization to ultimately be lazy and steal from productive people.

People that work less in order to take advantage of government programs not intended for them are taking money from people who contribute to society. That’s how it works. It’s not government money, it’s taxpayer money. Somebody busted their ass and got taxed for it and a lazy Jehovah’s Witness took that guys money, ultimately their labour. Totally unethical, and for a religion to promote this behaviour is unacceptable.

Government programs are meant for those with disabilities or some other valid reason that they are unable to have a job so by encouraging publishers to be takers from society, Watchtower is taking funds from the most vulnerable of society.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

pixel:

You have a pm!

Atlantis!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

What I find disturbing is the encouragement from the organization to ultimately be lazy and steal from productive people

I assume these are the same people that will be helping to turn the earth back into a paradise after the big A?

Can you imagine any of those people having to figure out how to take care of themselves in that situation?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This quote from the letter bears repeating:

"As a reminder, the branch has directed that neither congregation nor circuit funds should be used to make relief supply purchases. Additionally, separate congregation or circuit accounts should not be set up to fund purchases."

The above statement pretty much sums-up Mother's greedy, cheap & close-fisted true feelings towards the JW rank & file members!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit