Having Jehovah as a friend.

by Darkknight757 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I've always found it amazing that people can say with such conviction that Jehovah is their friend.

We are talking about a "friend" who perhaps daily "tests" us to see if we are His friends. All of us have dealt with some form of hardship such as the death of a loved one, chronic illness or whatever. It is in these cases that the brothers will tell a person that perhaps it is a test, or that "Jehovah knows you're not ready" or some other lame excuse.

Do our real friends "test" us to see if we will be loyal to them? If you had a friend who "tested" you on a weekly or even daily basis, would you remain friends with that person? No. So why make friends with an insane, invisible psychopath who allows all manner of suffering on His friends?

end rant.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Actually - your Hall friends do just that. Start missing some meetings, and things change really fast.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the way some daft bat sisters used to talk about jehovah made me cringe. like some blow up doll they kept for company--someone to talk to.

in fact--isnt that a good marketable idea-??-----jehovah blow ups!!

. just no face--that would be unscriptural. but would have the jay-worg logo on it.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    One older single sister said "we need to more than love Jehovah we should be madly in love with him!" talk about a cringeworthy moment.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

One older single sister said "we need to more than love Jehovah we should be madly in love with him!" talk about a cringeworthy moment.

There is an older sister that I know who says the same thing. She would often in her comments say how "when she fell in love with Jehovah" and then some nonsensical dribble would follow. 💩 Can make just about anyone awake run for a barf bag.

A brother as well as others told my wife and I that the personal tragedy we experienced last year were perhaps because God knew that we couldn't handle the responsibility being the big A was sooooooo close.

I can see why so many refuse to believe in God after hearing that a few times.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

With friends like jehober, who needs enemies?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

With a friend like jehober, who needs enemies?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• sir82
    sir82
    None of my friends has promised to annihilate 8 billion men, women, and children "very soon now".
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

in fact--isnt that a good marketable idea-??-----jehovah blow ups!!

. just no face--that would be unscriptural. but would have the jay-worg logo on it.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

The whole friend thing is to emphasize to the r&f that they can't be children of God and heirs with Christ but they can be god's friend like Abraham...or some such nonsense.

Most people outgrow having an imaginary friend, but not the JWs who relegate God to a mere buddy or pal. Let's be honest, they really worship the org. That's their God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit