Military Service Confusion

by Sea Breeze 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    I don't see the Watchtower living by the barter system. If you use government fiat currency you are taking an active part in the commercial part of "the world" (Greek "Kosmos" - "system of things). You can't have it both ways. In or out. Unless, what the Watchtower preaches isn't what Jesus teaches...
  • GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Sea Breeze

These accusations are rather false. I've never seen a Jehovah's witness going into the streets to take the government down. They respect the law of men which do not contradict God's law and you probably know this. If you are a true Christian you can't kill your fellow Christian from another nation no matter what. "But Peter and the apostles said in reply, We must obey God rather than men."Acts 5:29

Jesus answered, “My kingdom does not belong to this world. If my kingdom did belong to this world, my attendants [would] be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my kingdom is not here.”
    John 18:36

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."
    1 Peter 2:9,10

“I revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me, because they are yours, I gave them your word, and the world hated them, because they do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that you keep them from the evil one."
    John 17:6‭, ‬9‭, ‬14‭-‬15

"All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen and welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. And indeed if they had been thinking of that country which they left, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them."
    Hebrews 11:13‭-‬16

TBK
    I do not defend WT but if you respect Jesus's commandment to give "Caesar's Caesar's what Caesar's and God's what belongs to God" you will not be part of the world. The bible actually encourages to work and earn your living. That cash that you will be given for your work will not make you part of the world.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

The three JW's in the OP have already been released from prison in December 2020. Their recent photos also appeared in a JW broadcast program.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/eritrea/Eritrea-Releases-28-Jehovahs-Witnesses-From-Prison/

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@GB

You cant have it both ways. You can't pick a broad statement about being no part of the world and then ignore the clear SPECIFIC purpose of governments : is to BEAR THE SWORD. They are GOD'S MINISTER. People who kill the enemy in a military operation are not guilty of murder. God will sort out the details in due time.

1. JW's are at war with their own governments because they do not recognize governments in the biblical way as God's ordained ministers of justice. They believe that God chose themselves to rule the world in 1919 and all the other governments other than their own are illegitimate.

2. JW's are at war with God because they got the wrong Jesus. They believe in Michael the Archangel rather than the risen Son of God who commanded "all" to partake of the New Covenant (Mt. 26: 27-28) and get your sins taken away and get born again with a new and better spirit.

3. JW's are at war with their neighbors because they bind up heavy loads on others they themselves are not willing to bear. They destroy families with their shunning policies. Blind guides, filled to the brim with self-importance is what they are. They create many unbiblical rules that they require others to live by but they won't. They live in a web of lies and virtually demand that others live the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0eLCjCAB4s&ab_channel=KimMikey

@Dreary Weather - I'm glad they are out. I wonder if they still feel the same about the WT after (presumably) now having access to the Internet?

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Sea_Breeze

"People who kill the enemy in a military operation are not guilty of murder. God will sort out the details in due time."

I ve never came across in the bible to anything close to this. We are supposed to love our brothers and sisters in Christ and give our lives for them. What bible do you read?!

"Everyone who hates his brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life remaining in him. We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers and sisters."

1 John 3:15‭-‬16

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    "People who kill the enemy in a military operation are not guilty of murder. God will sort out the details in due time."
    I ve never came across in the bible to anything close to this.

Sure you have, its been quoted on this thread many times. You just won't receive it.

Romans 13: 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    People who kill the enemy in a military operation are not guilty of murder. God will sort out the details in due time.

So a Christian soldier in Russia is justified to bomb a church in Ukraine?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@DW,

Here's a brief discussion on when a soldier can (must) disobey an order.

https://www.citizensjournal.us/when-can-a-soldier-disobey-an-order/

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The secular law used ( or not) in modern conflicts has no bearing on a Christian’s responsibility to free from blood guilt.

It is easy to hide behind the conscience salving claim that “ I was serving my country “ but that attitude has enabled wars to proliferate.

We do not know what happened to Cornelius or what he did , so that is no excuse for a Christian to take up arms .

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@BB

When Jesus told the soldiers to be content with their wages, he tacitly told them to keep doing their job as soldiers. They could not have been "content with their wages" unless they continued as soldiers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit