To all my "friends" in the organisation.

by stuckinarut2 41 Replies latest members private

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT2:

Wow! You did ALL that and still the Witnesses shun you!...You sound like a very loving and caring person....I hardly did a fraction of what you did.

But, I had my reasons. Jehovah's Witnesses were users who criticized me because I had a full-time job. So, I certainly wasn't going to give them the time of day. I accept that they didn't like me.

However, I am sure it must hurt someone like you deeply! I would feel the same way if I did all you did and was forgotten like yesterday's garbage by these ingrates. They have selective memory loss and are unworthy of your love or charity.

I hope you have found love and friendship elsewhere.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Longhairgirl: " I hope you have found love and friendship elsewhere."

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes, Yes I have indeed found true friends in the years since stopping attending witness activities. Real and genuine friends who I have developed great bonds with.

And the best part?? They are not simply clones of one another!

A true friend doesn't have to agree on all things or be a clone of each other. Real friends value one another's differences as something that strengthens a friendship.

Oh, and for all witnesses who may be lurking here, "worldly" people are not evil, selfish, immoral, dangerous and to be feared just as the society tries to promote!

• SamTheGinge
    SamTheGinge

When I first made the break, well I was Df'd, some 12 years ago, I was a little nervous and scared. Having been brought up in the 'Truth' we were taught that there no true friends to be found in the 'World' and that everyone was selfish and evil and it was a dark dark place to cast out into.

Well, here I am. 12 years later. I am jhappy, I have good friends, friends I can call and go for a beer with, watch the football with, and the best part? They're not evil people out to stab you in the back at all! Sure, there are people like that in the 'World', but then I found just as many like that in the 'Truth' as well. Heck, I knew people who were having sex before marriage on a Saturday night, and then answering up at the meeting on the Sunday decrying the hypocrisy of the World.... Oh how I laughed when I heard that, especially after what I'd heard the night before!

The 'World' is what you make of it. You don't have to pretend to be someone you're not just to please a group of Men who hold your future in their hands. If you want to find decent, honest, people out here, then you will. In the same vein, if you want a life of sin and debauchery, then you will find that also. But, at least you will be free to make that choice and not feel guilty for it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WELL SAID SamTheGinge!

Well said sir!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    I am so privileged to know you and Mrs Unstuck. May I just say what an absolute blessing (I actually hate that word, now) it is to actually call you guys my FRIENDS. I'm very humbled that you even took me in and showed me so much kindness, hospitality and love despite us not being in touch since I was a little kid. You treated me as though we came from the same womb. I have siblings. But NONE of them have made me feel like family the way you and @Unstuck have. I love you both.
  • zeb
    zeb

Well stuck as I have said a few times to folks hereabouts of the partial 'friends'.

• "its their loss not yours."
    • and when these ones come begging for help suggest they go to the elders or write to the wt for their needed financial assistance.

shunning as two edges.! you say they don't remember all the things you did well indeed. It is my observation that jw have a very shallow memory 'pool'.

My heart to you my friend.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@zeb Schadenfreude's a bitch ;).

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I recently came to the conclusion that it is really unhealthy to have affection for people who shun you. Like loving someone who abuses you. Shunning is abuse. Judgement is abuse. It is abusing yourself to miss or mourn people who have turn their backs on you......in god's name, no less. Why even think about people who never think of you.

• tryingnow
    tryingnow

I am new here. Very much appreciate the candor and the compassion I see for one another. Not df'd or da'd. Just unable to go on, having seen what I believe to be deliberate misleading on the part of upper leadership - spanning decades. Don't have family at all, and realize I soon won't have any of the former friends from KH meetings. Am going to need you all very much. Do not have a soul at this point. Thanks for simply being there.

JAM

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

HI tryingnow! I can put myself in your place very easily, because it IS deliberate misleading gobbledegook that the big bosses want pushed onto the congregations. It took me a very long time to realize the mistake I made in joining the WT cult.

This forum helped me get the rusty wheels turning in my mind. I had forgotten how to make reasoned choices for myself without first wondering what Jehovah wanted me to do.

So welcome, there are tons of great people here for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit