2/2022 WT: a repeated request & more doubletalk

by neat blue dog 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

We all know the now famous quote, "All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Well, this point is regurgitated in the latest WT, along with yet another new bunker scene:

"During the great tribulation, we may receive instructions that seem strange, impractical, or illogical . . . . If you trust the direction we receive today and readily obey, you will likely do the same during the great tribulation."

It's weird that they step it up a few degrees, not just whether it's "sound...or not", but downright "strange, impractical, or illogical". Can't argue with that!

Then there's a scenario described as follows:

"A single sister would like to purchase a pair of slacks, so she asks a mature sister for her honest opinion about the selection."

Yeah I don't know. What's more realistic is an elderette offering her opinion unsolicited, or better yet offering it to others behind your back. But on the bright side, both men AND women are susceptible to tight pants. (I almost forgot the women's versions are called Spanx according to AM💩.)

Then there's a paragraph that tries to sound so reasonable:

Suppose an elder is concerned about a fellow believer’s choices in dress or grooming. The elder could ask himself, ‘Is there a Scriptural reason to say something?’ Conscious of the need to be objective, he might ask another elder or mature publisher for his thoughts. Together they might review Paul’s counsel on dress and grooming. (Read 1 Timothy 2:9,10.) Paul outlined certain broad principles, observing that a Christian’s dress should be appropriate, modest, and sensible. But Paul did not make a list of dos and don’ts. He recognized that Christians have a right to express their individual taste within Scriptural limits. So in determining whether counsel is needed, the elders should consider if the person’s choices reflect modesty and good sense. We do well to realize that two mature Christians may make different choices, both of which are acceptable. We should not impose our own standards of right and wrong on fellow believers.

And yet, we know full well what would happen if a JW was dressed and groomed neatly, cleanly and of the highest standards of most areas of society . . . and yet declined to wear a skirt, or declined to wear a suit jacket, or grew a beard, etc.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

We are all free to do what we are told!

As an example, denim is clearly a machination of the Devil 👿

The rank and file are too stupid to make big decisions like buying a pair of pants, so really need counsel about what kind of work to do, choosing a baby sitter, watching a TV show, buying a car, buying a house, getting a credit card, getting a pet . . . . To infinity and beyond!

• asp59
    asp59

They always forget free will. Something even God respects. This are old articals with old experience. Think the idé was for Watchtower to come up with new material two times every year or something. They reprinting stuff from the 90s. "During the great tribulation, we may receive instructions that seem strange, impractical, or illogical . . . . If you trust the direction we receive today and readily obey, you will likely do the same during the great tribulation." That came some years ago. The scenarios i remember from magazines in the 90s. They just mixing old stuff to get litteratur out.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Love the bunker picture.

Society has broken down. Churches are burning. Martial law is in effect. A "great tribulation" is raging. Crazed demonic hordes are roaming the streets, having vowed to kill any JW on sight. Searching houses...where are the JWs? Where are the JWs? Gotta find the JWs....

Meanwhile, in the JW bunker, electricity is working fine, router & Wi-Fi are A-OK, and it apparently never occurs to anyone that Brother Elder's functioning tablet almost certainly has a GPS locator which will identify to anyone remotely competent exactly where his bunker is.

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Jesus never intended his followers to grow into a religious establishment made up of hierarchy because he described such growth as the characteristics of gentiles. (Luke 22:24-26) Now JWs have already made themselves into such establishment. To safeguard their position, they have to say things like this.

Sign of God’s people or sign of God’s blessing is that "God will make even their enemies to be at peace with them." (Proverbs 16:7) If JWs had dealt with those who had serious doubts, they would have continued to be JWs, and would not have gone out exposing them.

• zachias
    zachias

So what might happen (Its-just-around-the-corner") is going to be so profound that as we are a bunch of brain dead dip-sticks we must obey now or we will forget how to obey then..

and .."You will likely do.." seems to me to be some sort of legalistic cop out for them; as if there would be any redress after the gt that is.

---------------

and what with the bunker think anyway? Does the almighty and angels have to have jw in a bunker to protect them? What about homes that dont have basements?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The face of the woman in blue says it all.

What a poe faced old git!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Yes, I always asked a mature sister for her opinion before I bought a pair of slacks lol.💩What a crock. The elders had a problem with me and the way I looked from the time I was 12. Fuck them all.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Biahi- Fuck them all.

This is the only response that encapsulates the truth of the matter. Many of them will be power tripping busy bodies.

We don't usually have basements in the UK, I wonder how the Jobos will get on if the pigs come for them? Perhaps they'll have to excavate basements to WTBT$ specifications.

British Police are usually dim wits anyway. They're more interested in arresting for hurt feelings on Twitter than actual crime. I'm sure they're too busy being corrupt than going after Jobos. Many British Police really are a bunch of thickos. They don't understand law but they do understand bullying....unless you tick diversity boxes...then they leave well alone.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Conscious of the need to be objective, he might ask ... a mature publisher for his thoughts

When does an elder ever ask a mature publisher a question like that? Except for, 'will such and such time suit for your judicial committee meeting?

The elders had a problem with me and the way I looked from the time I was 12.

Sister Biahi, your figure is too distracting and stumbling me, could you please eat more carbs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit