10 Year Growth Chart

by HiddenPimo 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

2015 was the worst year. No surprise, ARC came like a sledgehammer. I'll never forget that summer!

• Simon
    Simon

So despite the "power of the internet" and people determined that they will "bring them down", they are in fact still growing.

It's like the old adage - there's no such thing as bad publicity. Anything said about them is still attention and for each person that is convinced to move on, some other may be intrigued enough to look into it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seems to me that the only substantial growth is in the Third World...

...which is poor as shit (so good luck factoring that into the Org’s business model), and internet-sparse (and that’s changing on a daily basis).

Besides, “growth” in and of itself is not necessarily indicative of actual success and longevity.

Financial health and sustainability is.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Boggles my mind that they are showing an increase... yes, third world countries are seizing on the "hope" they project but I can see them fudging the numbers in their favor. Anyone working the numbers knows well how to show an "increase" so the FDS can boast about their spirit directed bull..... that no longer seems to apply since they are not spirit directed as the second baptism change indicates. Nor were they ever spirit directed or there would not be 12- 13 changes on the 1914-1918 dates along with so many more changes- generation for another... all of which brings into question of all the disseminated "spiritual food" in all the magazines and books!

• belogical
    belogical

I went to a funeral for a friend recently and took a quick browse at the meeting figures and in the last year they are down about 30%

Interestingly the service was held on a saturday afternoon and I would think that only 20% of the congregation attended this elderly sisters service.

so much for christian love

• belogical
    belogical

Hmmmm wasn't about 2015 when the generation flip flopped

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If it’s anything to go by. In my relatives cong there have been 4 deaths this year, out of 100 publishers. Considering that the mean age of JWs are increasing I would suspect that their death rate would be higher than the average population.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They are so proud of their third world growth, but that's where other Christian denominations have seen growth as well

• Half banana
    Half banana

Redpilltwice, I imagined the numbers drop in 2015 had to do with giving the org the benefit of the doubt for 100 years as the outer limits of a stretched generation of 1914?

There was a mere 18.5k increase and a vast number who left or died (241k) only just compensated by the number of newbies dipped (260k).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redpilltwice -2015 was the worst year. No surprise, ARC came like a sledgehammer.”

Yeah, I’m inclined to agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit