Remember When Something Bad Would Happen And You Felt Its Really What They Deserved?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Remember When Something Bad Would Happen And You Felt Its Really What They Deserved?"

Er No.. , I never did feel that way about people of this world. I have heard other dubs say such things , the Aids problem for example, but the rest of us knew that they were wrong. It was never God's way ,in my book

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes.

I remember when I was a teenager with all the hormones going crazy and I could not "touch" myself without feeling guilty.

But this one brother who was spiritually weak did whatever he wanted and even bragged about it.

Ha ha .... a couple of years later he began losing his eyesight and had a lot of hair growing on the palms of his hands.

Served him right.

Rub a Dub

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yeah, I felt aweful when JW's said things. Things like ''he deserved to get hurt for missing field service''. I mean who do the hell they think they are saying that?
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I think my wives hall should be the last people to gloat in the misfortune of others. I swear eight people have died prematurely in the last five years. It's like the cong is cursed.

There is an elder who called my wife a stain in his marking talk about marrying me is dying of terminal cancer. I would love to tell him god hates him but I figure that would be bad karma.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yeah, totally hear you. Karma's a bitch. Can be. There's many a times when it comes and bites you in the A$$. Whether it's months, days, it seems to come around.

But I know what you mean. You just feel like doing or saying something to someone to get back at. Not really worth it though.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    lovesjehovah
    lovesjehovah 10 hours ago
    I've been a JW for years and years... Never once did I rejoice in the misfortunes of anybody. That is an individual characteristic, not a religions. You will meet people that are good and bad anywhere. Judging an entire group of people based on individual actions is bias and elementary.
    As a former Bethelite and lifelong JW, I agree with the above reply for the most part however I think there is still a lot of truth in the premise of the original post. The JW's who make these unloving comments, more often than not go unchallenged by the JW's around them . JW's have been trained to look down on "the world" and have condemned (in their own hearts and otherwise) virtually everyone (except themselves) to a horrendous death in the very near future and they look forward to the day it will finally happen. They claim to be going from door to door out of love of their fellow man but sometimes the comments made in the car groups about the householders are often far from loving and demonstrate that they are really out in the ministry to save their own skins rather than to accomplish anything of a humanitarian nature. They often refer to householders who don't take the magazines as "goats" and they make covetous comments about living in their nice homes after Armageddon since they've decided in their own minds that the occupants, unlike themselves, will have been destroyed . Some JW's are so conditioned and immune to their judgemental view of non Witnesses that they don't seem to view the occupants of the homes as real people deserving of compassion and find it easy to be callous about them and pigeonhole them all as doomed

As you say, it isn't fair to judge an entire religion based on the actions of a few but I do have a problem with the way Witnesses hesitate to correct these unkind comments against worldly people for fear they will be looked upon as sympathizing with the world. The literature they leave with interested ones, is full of hateful comments about entire religious groups based on the actions of a few of their members of their leaders and in view of this, it's a testament to the people of the world that the Watchtower and Awake magazine are even still in existence (for now).

• talesin
    talesin

No, never. I just don't get it.

In fact, it was about 5 years ago, I heard my mother say "It serves him right, he shouldn't have been doing [insert FUN activity] at his age!" ... upon my learning about a tragic accident. It was then I realized what a monster she was. It's very disheartening to realize, that is the JW way of thinking. : (

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit