Impeachment hearings ...

by mikeflood 19 Replies latest social current

• mikeflood
    mikeflood
    Watched a little bit the famous impeachment hearings....the witness sometimes when they were put on oath were with a smiled in their faces, others insecure, and the rest rightly totally outraged.... I turned it off. Too much time on the media for nothing. It's like the Russian thing didn't work to oust Trump, and now Ukraine maybe. And it seems it's going to drag for months
  • Simon
    Simon

It's all BS theatre designed by the democrats to provide a narrative and some soundbites to their colleagues in the media to paint a biased picture in the run up to the 2020 election. Same as they did with the Russia hoax for the mid-terms - ask yourself why the Mueller report has dropped off the face of the earth ...

If you bother to watch the actual long-form testimony, what you see is very very different to what is reported in the mainstream media.

I hope they pay a heavy price for what they are doing to US democracy.

I hope the conspirators in the previous administration are fully investigated and prosecuted for their crimes.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Because I'm a Brit, living in Brit-land, the Trump stuff is not really of much interest to me. Nearly all our politicians in the UK are a pain in the bum as it is. How people take these twits seriously beats me.

However, I have noticed that 'Trump derangement syndrome' does seem to be a thing with people.

I do think the neo-Marxists are a bit bonkers these days.

Oh, well. Not my thing.

Maybe the Governing body should run things. Imagine TOMO the turd as first lady!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Democrats (esp Shifty Schiff) are in total control as the majority Party. 100's of hours wasted to try and make Trump look bad (because they know there really will not be sufficient evidence to qualify for ouster). It's all to generate clips for the media to use. In the end, they have the votes and they will impeach Trump (because there is no definition to "high crimes") though doubtful if ANY of the GOP will join in. (This is very unlike the Clinton impeachment which was non-partisan.)

Then it will go to the Republican controlled Senate. They will put on a mock "trial" that they will intentionally drag out because the Democratic senators are not allowed to campaign while the trial is in progress, and they will conduct the proceedings to make the Democrats look bad and in the end they will not convict Trump.

1000's of hours and million$ of dollars wasted. Politics at its finest.

I hope the conspirators in the previous administration are fully investigated and prosecuted for their crimes. ~Simon

That shit is about to hit the fan. Lots of heads going to roll.

• minimus
    minimus

I feel bad for President Trump .

• hybridous
    hybridous

I'm not yet convinced that this impeachment endeavor will progress to the US Senate.

Prior to that, it must pass through the House by a 2/3 majority.

The sweet spot of effectiveness of impeachment as a political tool for the Democratic Party lies somewhere between NO effort to impeach, and Full Senate Trial to remove Trump - IMO. In other words, having the Trial to Remove, and being unsuccessful in such is WORSE than not having anything happen in the first place, because it serves as a indicator of pettiness, and impotency at even that.

In the absence of any real power to remove Trump, the utility of impeachment hearings is to keep allusions and innuendo of wrongdoing freshly in the MSM, on a continual basis. But perhaps this is also subject to laws of diminishing returns, insofar as the more fluff and nothing folks hear, the more weary they are of the story...and the more frustrated they are with lack of meaningful political action on their behalf...

Until/unless they have the numbers, why would the Democrats want the vote?

• Simon
    Simon
    Until/unless they have the numbers, why would the Democrats want the vote?

They don't, that's why they invented this "hearing" rather than actually going through the proper process. It's all for the cameras - insinuation that doesn't require evidence. All to try and sway public opinion - claiming the smoke they themselves are creating is evidence of a fire.

• minimus
    minimus

I see diplomats pissed off because Trump did not go through their channels which they consider the proper channels.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Prior to that, it must pass through the House by a 2/3 majority.

No, the House can pass Articles of Impeachment by a majority (of those present to vote). The Democrats could pass the articles now. Senate conviction and removal required 2/3. This won’t happen.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The other option is a censure, which in JW speak is like a "public reproof." From what I am hearing, a lot of the Republicans would go that route as opposed to impeachment.

I do agree with some here that if he is impeached and not convicted, that he may come out stronger from the whole process as did Clinton.

My money at this time would be on censure, unless there is more stuff presented. There has been a lot of smoke but no actual fire. With all due respect to horses and according to the US Constitution, you don't convict a president for being an acrid, lying sack of horse shit, only for "high crimes and misdemeanors", whatever that term means.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit