Impeachment hearings ...

by mikeflood 19 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

I saw some commentator claiming that Trump committed some crime because he fired an ambassador. They seem to forget that when Obama came to office, he fired ALL Bush appointees wholesale.

The bias hypocrisy of the press is ridiculous.

• hybridous
    hybridous

No, the House can pass Articles of Impeachment by a majority (of those present to vote). The Democrats could pass the articles now.

Yes. I was wrong about the height of that bar. It's even lower than I thought. And it's not happening, which I think lends credibility to the notion that...

(not UN-like military interventions in the 3rd world).

There's more to be gained by execution of the process, than there is from a final conclusion derived from said process.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'd like to know what Trump is being accused of that he hasn't already admitted.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hybridous - "There's more to be gained by execution of the process, than there is from a final conclusion derived from said process."

I agree.

I think the goal is to ensure that he's not re-elected next fall, rather than ousted.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Here in Holland, we see our best friends UK and USA in big trouble. Since very long time we focus political on the Atlantic side instead of our European neighbours.

G.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Trump saga is really about a very inexperience person who happened to climb into a political position that requires someone who has had a lot or good share of the established American political system on a State or federal level.

I doubt very much that he will get impeached while in office but his reelection in 2020 is improbable.

........and who knows maybe after he reflects a bit of all that he has gone through in his term as the president, he may just want to hang it up and return to his private life.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think the Americans should drop this impeachment against Trump as its doing nothing to inspire confidence in America as the Leader of the Free World .

Just leave it up to the American people in 2020 to decide whether Trump gets back in office or not..Its not that far off ,whereas dragging this impeachment against him for more months is not doing Americas image in the world any good.

Seeing you don`t have compulsory voting in your Country focus in the coming months leading up to the next elections in getting as many people as you can muster to exercise their right to vote and make their vote count.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@hybridous:

Yeah I agree about the process. It’s being used as a campaign tool for 2020. I don’t think it will work.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "...dragging this impeachment against him for more months is not doing America's image in the world any good."

Ten bucks says that's occurred to them...

...and they considered it acceptable, when weighted against any potential damage to said image a second Trump term might do.

I've lost count of how often politics has been described as choosing "the lesser of two evils".

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Fodder for the 24 hour media machines. I didn’t realize how insignificant their audiences are until I saw a recent ratings tabulation. In relative terms, Sean Hannity (less than 3 million) and his CNN rival, Anderson Cooper, (less than 1 million) don’t have significant numbers of viewers, not nearly the audience I would have thought. Their respective networks are making a living on this unwatchable crap that they spoon feed to their insignificant fanatics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit