Witnessing Work to Stop?

by Sea Breeze 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Those who think this is the end of the preaching work are like those who live on the third floor of an Assisted Living / Nursing home and keep seeing clowns peeking into the windows.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so this is finally the end ?

good.

now what's for fucking dinner.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

It's a golden opportunity for the Borg to be more mainstream. They think 'the end of the end is near".

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    Dad has always insisted that I must hate them since I left. Pure nuttiness.

That has been my experience also. Whatever the WT says are your motives, that's what they are. It doesn't matter what you say or do.

And yes, it is pure brainwashed nuttiness. I resigned as an elder some years back (10+) and got off the school to prevent them from trying to reappoint me. (It has worked, by the way.) Yet, every time the CO visits he includes a part in his service talk about ones getting upset about losing their privileges, and to get over it. It's kind of like if a sane person were sentenced to live in an insane asylum. It's a lot like that.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Anony Mous

the "wild beast" (the UN) will attack religion (and Trump seems like the one to trigger that by defunding the UN or something like that)

'Religion' voted Trump in, doubtful he'd turn on his voters

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the UN the "wild beast" will attack religion.

The probability of that to happen is about nil, being that the UN is situated in one of the most religious countries in the world the US.

Actually that country's written Constitution states protection and support of freedom of religion.

You shouldn't believe or accept ancient mythological (expressions) prophecies.

It avoids rational logical thought based in reality.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

The preach work is only having a hiatus. It will come back but likely not as we know it

• careful
    careful

BC

It's kind of like if a sane person were sentenced to live in an insane asylum.

Love it!

• Still-out
    Still-out

Fink, that it is such an improbability is the hook for JWs. Only Jehovah would cause such an event. He will put it into their hearts and minds to turn on religion. At least that's how I remember it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Do yall think the shunning thing is about to be modified?

Absolutely not. If anything the WT will become even MORE stubborn in their lack of natural affection. Some crap about, "Dear Brothers and Sisters, We know that it is diffiCULT to stay faithful to the governing body when they instruct you to shun your relatives and friends, and for not obeying every utterance from the mouths of the governing body. But please be assured that we know what we are doing much better than any living human in history. So shun. . .Shun. . .SHUN as if your lives depended on it, because we say they do! Now, send us MORE money!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit