Witnessing Work to Stop?

by Sea Breeze 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Because the org insinuated that covid19 was the start of the last of the last of the last hour of the last day many thought this was the start of the tribulation , one of my JW relative said that to me and I asked about the cry of peace and security and the destruction of Babylon the great that they had to happen first , that would happen quickly they replied.

So some have got the idea that because the door to door etc had been stopped that it was a sign of the end.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have no doubt that the Field Ministry will start again whenever it considered safe ,and legal to do so. The Governing Body have said nothing to suggest that it is all over.

Some Witnesses may tell you that the end is here, but that is speculation and wishful thinking

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Do you think the GB are prayerfully considering if the worldwide lockdowns and churches closing temporarily due to covid could be a fulfillment of the government devouring religion? It sounds ludicrous, but as with all things in the Bible, it’s easy to use a shoe horn and make anything fit your narrative.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have heard that elders are going around specifically telling publishers that the current closures are NOT fulfilment of prophecy. Which suggests to me that some people may have been drawing this conclusion and elders have seen a need to stamp down on it.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Yes SBF, this does appear to be another case of the brothers and sisters running ahead of Jehovah’s celestial chariot. How many times do they have to be reminded not to do that.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I would assume the GB or branches are analyzing this the same way as businesses are, weighing the risk versus reward of reopening.

Some businesses have the majority of their employees working from home and have been surprised how amazing things have gone from a productivity and revenue generating standpoint. With those types, to have everyone return into office buildings, there is high risk and very low reward.

With JWs and being at meetings, you will have several older ones at high risk and for what reward? The same spiritual food can be taken in from home on Zoom. And no doubt if they reopen, they will have to encourage all who don’t feel safe going out, to stay home and join by calling in or if Zoom is still an option. You will have many do that and the ones attending in person will probably be discouraged seeing the KH so empty.

In my view, the reward has to far outweigh the risk to have things go back to normal. I don’t feel that will happen until everyone is vaccinated or we test everyone and they have antibodies. The only other way the reward would be higher than the risk is if the internet went out. Boy, wouldn’t that be incredible, truly an end of the world scenario!

i know this topic is about the door to door work, so I went a little off topic about the KHs. But I’m assuming they are going through this thought process for both things.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Anon Mouse: The older JWs have been hanging on to a lot of unfulfilled prophecy, even if they no longer teach them, many do remember them. It's another 1975 for many of the older ones I think.

I think that is what is really going on here. The older ones are still trying to make sense of the prophetic interpretations of the Watchtower.

During the conversation with my dad yesterday, he made reference to the supposed fact that there are still thousands of people still alive around the world that are more than 106 years old. In other words, he is still hanging on to the original interpretation of the 1914 Generation false prophecy.

He hasn't accepted the new light of the over-lapping interpretation.

I think the older ones want soooo badly for their life to have meant something. The reality is that they wasted their whole life putting their trust in a bunch of self-inflated false prophets.

The Watchtower promise of being able to move into rich peoples homes after God kills all the non-JW's has not come true for them.

If they would have just worked to acquire a big nice home (like everyone else), they could have avoided a wasted life and could have left something behind for their descendants. Instead they destroyed their families in the quest for their delusional short-cut to prosperity.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Within 2 weeks everything will be open in ohio. Even Zoos, museums, amusement parks etc. But not kh's ?hmmm

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The hierarchy in Warwick are imitating what Knorr & Co. did regarding 1975 - they are not publicly quashing r&f JW's heightened expectations/assumptions that the "end" is definitely about to kick off.

The org will be delighted to ride this train for as long as they can capitalise on it.

• nomoreguilt73
    nomoreguilt73

See are the kind of comments that give me severe anxiety and panic attacks 😞 I should not have read...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit