JWs shunning other active JWs

by Roger Kirkpatrick 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RK:

Yes, you are right. I was "shunned" by certain cliques even when I was active in the religion and making all the meetings. I guess my full time job branded me as somebody not worth knowing.

I always wondered though how all these judgmental Witnesses who ignored me were supposed to rise to the occasion to help during the "great tribulation"? It's highly unlikely that they would. I wouldn't even so much as be an afterthought. This was the realistic way I viewed it all.

Now, that I am out so many years they all seem so ridiculous to me and I'm glad I'm not part of that charade anymore. And I'd never tolerate these hypocrites asking for money.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I think JW's are just like anyone else. Certain personalities tend to attract others and people naturally gravitate toward those who have commonalities or similar personality traits.

The difference is, JW's boast about how "different" they are and how much "love" they have among themselves. They set you up to expect more from them than they can actually deliver. This high expectation level is hard to live up to and people continually disappoint one another. In a culture where it's OK to shun anyone who is doing wrong in your eyes, it's easy to carry it over toward those who have simply disappointed us as well.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

For years my husband could never understand why brothers and sisters he bumped into ignored him. He left the truth because he was a burnt out MS/Pioneer. He hadn't done anything wrong, he was just plain exhausted mentally and physically and couldn't do it anymore. He was never DF and he never DA.

It's only just now the penny has dropped that they were deliberately shunning him and still do.

He's had brothers look at him and turn their backs. It really used to upset him.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...JWs shunning other active JWs..."

Practicing for the real thing. :smirk:

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    I always wondered though how all these judgmental Witnesses who ignored me were supposed to rise to the occasion to help during the "great tribulation

Yeah... they'd be too busy up the hills in their cliques (comparing their 'Go bags'), than worry about brother or sister leftout

• hoser
    hoser

It's a control thing.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w93 10/15 p. 13 par. 4 Finding the Key to Brotherly Affection ***
    But Jesus had a special affection for John, which John repeatedly mentions. (John 13:23; 19:26; 20:2)

*** w88 10/1 p. 11 par. 6 Appreciation for Our Brothers ***

On the pretext that the Scriptures allow for our having warmer feelings for some brothers than for others, are we inclined to rationalize our feelings? (John 19:26; 20:2) Do we think we can express a cold, reasoned “love” to some because we have to, while we reserve warm brotherly affection for those to whom we are attracted?
  • waton
    waton
    I always wondered though how all these judgmental Witnesses who ignored me were supposed to rise to the occasion to help during the "great tribulation

It is actually the other way around, will you rise to the occasion and vouch for them? because the Great Tribulation (with the anointed already in heaven), comprises the judgement of the "sheep" and the "goats" . If you were a "little one" in their eyes, maybe in Jesus' eyes these shunners will be of no importance to him too (he will judge the way they are judging), so--, bye bye, clic judgers,-- for good. (unless you vouch for them). pity them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WATON:

???

UNSHAKLETHECHAINS:

Yes, that's what I mean. Not that I really wanted or expected anything from these people. They'd say: "oh Sister Fulltime Job isn't here, too bad. That's what she gets for not throwing her money around like confetti. She should've given money to us since we never wanted to work in the first place."

I tried analyzing the religion and how abusive the whole thing is. Since they are so hateful, why do they care if anybody wants to leave? Why chase people down and harass them? They should be glad people are leaving.

Even so-called worldly people are generally more loving and charitable than Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Annon
    Annon

What everybody says is just so true. It is strange that on the rare occasions somebody is nice it is often one of the "weaker ones". They just have everything the wrong way round, but of course you can not put time spent helping an older sister on your report card, which is the only measure of how "spiritual" you are. If that is true Christianity I am a banana.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit