Goodbye my friends.

by StephaneLaliberte 38 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

For almost 12 years now, I have been coming to this site on a regular basis and in the last 5, I “faded out”. I never regretted this and never will. Unfortunately though, yesterday, I realized that, until I can publically tell all my old acquaintances why I have left, I will never be truly free. There must be about 200+ JWs that I personally know me and none of them know why I have left.

Why did I leave? To get closer to God. They’re Pharisees approach to religion is all but contrary to the love thought by Christ and I had to protect my kids from such dogmatic teachings/traditions.

Unfortunately, I could not tell them that. I could not simply be what I am, an xJW. Instead, I am a fader reduced to silence. A victim who will not talk against his tormentors and abusers in his own community. This is no easy choice, sometimes, I wonder if my current position is even harder than the alternative, to speak out and cause further grief to my parents and family.

I have tried for many years to be active online and help the community anonymously. Unfortunately though, this doesn’t satisfy my need to stand tall and tell my 200+ JWs acquaintances the truth.

Unable to take actions that truly satisfy me, I am now thinking that it is not healthy for me, at least for this time of my life, to keep in touch with the JWs world. I am not a JW and yet, I am appraised of their daily activities. I probably spend as much, if not, even more time than they do, reading and talking about things that involve them.

Once more, as I am unable to do anything truly satisfying, I believe I need to forget about them, at least, for the time being.

For all these years you guys have been there for me, I thank you. You have truly helped me in taking actions that had a positive influence on my life and that of my family. 12 years ago, I came here out of curiosity, certain to confirm the slanderous accusations of the watchtower against apostates. Instead, I have found plenty of people who invested their time and resources in order to help people like me with compassion, love and facts.

I sincerely hope there will be a time, in years to come, where I will be able to step into the light and stand tall against these abusers, and until that day comes, I must say good bye.

Sincerely, Stephane.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Take care. If you wish to chat with me, I'm on bookface and if you (or any friends here), want my email address, PM me.

Tomorrow never knows.

One love Paul.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Farewell friend. I wish you all the best.

• millie210
    millie210

Stephane,

I admire your knowing what you want next. Change is never easy but is necessary at times.

My wish for you is that you find what works for you personally.

And..may this be a soft place to land if you ever need us.

All the best to you going forward.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm sorry, but without a signed letter sent by certified mail we cannot accept this. ;)

Seriously though, do what's right for you. Live your life and be happy, whatever that looks like today and if it should change, do that.

Take care!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Take care Stephane. It has been a privilege and pleasure to have been a part of your journey

May you have happy trails ahead

Keep smiling!

• Giordano
    Giordano

We will be a little less without you............ over a 1000 posts and 71 topics....good job!

Being a captive of the WT, knowing that they can coerce obedience and even threaten loyal JW's with shunning if they don't shun in turn......it's like being in a religious Mafia.

My best wishes....... you will always have a place here.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why did you use "take it up the butt" in a pejorative way?

How long have you been a homo-phobe????

Wishing you all the best!

Do check in from time to time and give us an update.

Carpe diem!

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Driveby
    Driveby
    Unfortunately though, yesterday, I realized that, until I can publically tell all my old acquaintances why I have left, I will never be truly free. There must be about 200+ JWs that I personally know me and none of them know why I have left.

I felt the same way 10 years ago when I left. I wrote a letter to the congregation explaining that I no longer wanted to be a part of Jehovah's Witnesses and why. I quoted some verses from the Bible and explained how I believed they were like the Pharisees.

Two elders came to my house and asked me if I still felt the same way. I did, but to my surprise, one elder said he felt the same way but couldn't find anything better. They disfellowshipped me a few days later because of my letter but no one knew why except the elders. Not one of my 'friends' has ever spoken to me since. For all they know, I committed some gross 'sin.'

I moved and have been away from that area for eight years. I don't really think about it much anymore and that would be my advice: Get as far away from them as possible and forget about them. You are just another casualty to them, another notch in Satan's pitchfork. You can no longer talk to them, much less, explain anything.

Once you've completely cleared yourself of the JW mentality, you'll experience true freedom of thought. But be careful; with freedom comes responsibility. Some go from the JW cult directly into another because of the longing to belong to something. Be critical about everything you've ever learned about religion. Just be yourself.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm glad you've found the path to righteousness ( no pun intended )

Why did I leave? To get closer to God. They’re Pharisees approach to religion is all but contrary to the love thought by Christ and I had to protect my kids from such dogmatic teachings/traditions.

Sounds like the same reason I left the JWS couldn't stand the corruption or tainted commercialized version of Christianity the WTS created.

The true definition of being a JWS is being enslaved and in obedient servitude to false prophets running a religious publishing house..

May you find happiness and personal fulfillment on your journey .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit