Mexican new GB member

by sp74bb 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

More light for our ex JW members...

http://www.extj.com/showthread.php?27719-the-show-of-apple-jam-by-president-s-brother-the-accounting-chaste

In Patterson there is a group of brothers, all of them baptized after 1975, a group of them are candidates to all new GB membership, as soon as new places will be included or some members will passed away. Clear details and info tell us that a new GB will be a US citizen with mexican background.

Really funny to see that we can give light to our ex JW family months before it comes public :)

• sir82
    sir82

It would make sense, pretty much the only areas which still experience growth are South America and Africa. It would give the impression that the WTS actually pretends to care about Hispanic concerns.

On the other hand, I can't think of any "GB helpers" who are Hispanic (correct me if I'm wrong). Any new GB member would pretty much have to be a "helper" for at least a few years first.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

I agree with you regarding the feeling that only US white members are called for this opportunity.

Have in mind that some GB members were called and stepped up for some specific reasons, leaving others climbing the ladder outside of the goal...

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Yes the mandarins are usually Anglo-Saxon/German, with a token African at present.The outstandingly successful Christian cult is the Catholic superstition and just as with the Papacy, it was a good political move to have a representative from the latin south at the top. Where the RC church leads, the Watchtower will follow.
  • sp74bb
    sp74bb
    Indeed Half Banana, it just a cosmetic touch, but important.
  • Hecce
    Hecce

Sir82

Baltasar Perla is Hispanic and one of the helpers, don't know if he is anointed

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/288970001/official-list-helpers-governing-body-jehovahs-witnesses

• sir82
    sir82

Baltasar Perla is Hispanic and one of the helpers, don't know if he is anointed

If he isn't, and the current GB want/need a Hispanic to join them, he soon will be!

I have no proof, but every instinct tells me that if the GB spies a well-qualified potential "recruit" to join their club, they suggest very strongly that he "just might be anointed after all....pray and meditate on it, brother <wink wink>"

• Hecce
    Hecce

There is a former Hispanic DO named Firvida that started partaking a few years back. From the stand point of the WT the man is "brilliant" and I always suspected that his heavenly call was related to a possible GB appointment.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Not sure how a Mexican-Am would make South Americans see the WTBTS in a better light. Mexico isn't in South America, doesn't have much in common, and guy is from the US anyway. Wouldn't do anything for me.

May do something for the SW USA. Who knows.

-----------

Oh, and Hispanic is not Latino.

Hispanics are Europeans. Ie. Spain, Portugal, etc. (Former Hispania named so by the Romans)

Latinos are peoples of the Americas who speak Spanish (also Portuguese & French) as a consequence of colonialism and conquest. Named such by Napoleon.

• kairos
    kairos
    I predict Mario Moreno of the legal dept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit