City of Sodom discovered

by Saved_JW 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane
    This city isn't Sodom. The timing isn't right and the location is iffy, at best.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm not even debating if the city that was found can or can't be the biblical Sodom. That remains to be seen. However, the idea of an asteroid fly-by over the area (finally crashing on Köffels valley in Tirol, Austria) that caused fire and brimstone to storm the Dead Sea area and that clay tablet making reference to such event has been entirely debunked as pseudoscience.

No one has yet come up with a plausible reading of what is written in that tablet. To claim that it makes reference to an asteroid observation of 5000 years ago is nothing more than speculative wishful thinking.

Look up the article "Fire In The Sky", by Jeff Medkeff and Martin Rundkvist published on February 4, 2009 at skeptic.com

Eden

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    This reminds me of Erich von Daniken.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

The "Bible scholars" are saying it "might be" Sodom.

If Sodom is found, excuse me, but big whoop. Rome is also mentioned in the bible--another real city.

The melted stuff they found has plausible explanations within the natural universe (meteor shower). This further proves the fact that the Sodom story is one of many myths developed by pre-scientific people to explain things they didn't understand. If anything, this discovery reiterates the fact that the Bible contains myths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit