What does the Watchtower Society's History of Prophetic Speculation Prove?

by Vanderhoven7 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

His response to me is interesting:

"I have been involved with Jehovah’s Witnesses for more than 60 years now Rick. I am very well aware of the history of this organization.

Now I have a question for you.

Are you someone who believes that the Bible is Gods inspired word to mankind? If you are, do you belong to any religious group? Which group is that?

Any further discussion depends upon your honest answer to my questions."

• minimus
    minimus

It’s in the Bible so it’s scriptural. If we say something that we teach as truth that turns out to be wrong it’s ok because as long as we believed it to be true, we’ll that’s all that matters. So when we read from the scriptures, prophecies, you should accept what we say simply because at the time, we believe it’s true. BY THE WAY IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE OUR PROPHECY INTERPRETATION EVEN IF WE ARE WRONG, you will be disfellowshipped for APOSTASY.

• Vanderhoven7
  • Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

They inherent irony to the JWS religion is that it was formulated upon apostasy or false prophecies which the bible even warns to devout Christians.

All the leaders of the WTS/JWS were sinful apostates according to bible scripture.

In reality when you become a JWS you make a vow of loyalty to those men whom are objectively opposed to Jesus's teachings and instructions.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s interesting that as a JW it’s very easy to believe something even if it makes no sense. As we all know, Witnesses will twist and ignore anything that suits their fancy. That’s why it’s very difficult to actually reason with a JW because they have been taught to justify anything that is considered negative about them. They live in an alternate universe.

• waton
    waton

by compelling it adherents to preach the current erroneous doctrines, wt makes each "publisher " publishing false prophecies, A truth driven home to me , the day when the brown "let God be true" book become redundant.

say "superior authorities".

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

proves to me that the GB was not given the mandate and ability to interpret the Bible for anyone at anytime.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Correct Vander but the WTS players knew what they were creating around themselves by proclaiming god had chosen them, play their game at their will or get out.

They subjectively knew a head that they were just going to say well we are imperfect too brothers and sisters, but we have now just received new light.

There is a lot of corruption within the WTS/JWS if you look closely at this organization with examining scrutiny.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Right on RM,

Excuses, excuses...

the light gets brighter and brighter as the day approaches, The brothers are imperfect; we all make mistakes; but we correct them; even the disciples made mistakes,

This is the first time I've run across a JW who denies the Watchtower was guilty of prophetic speculation.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

One thing Jws got right is that all religion's are a snare and a racket which also includes themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit