What does the Watchtower Society's History of Prophetic Speculation Prove?

by Vanderhoven7 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Question: What does the Watchtower Society's History of Prophetic Speculation Prove?

How would you respond to this answer provided by Paul Coom... yesterday on Quora?

"Our organization has never been a prophetic speculator. All the prophecies we have commented upon are scripturally based. Our comments merely reflect our understanding of such prophecies at the time they were made.

The prophecies themselves are guaranteed to come true. The fact that we have not understood every single one of them properly does not alter that fact.

What this all proves is that we are growing in biblical understanding on a daily basis. What this proves is that we are not tied to the past as most religions are. When a change needs to be made, we make it without looking for excuses. Science operates along these lines too. It’s a good system."

• Overrated
    Overrated

Incompetence! Is Watchtower.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

My favorite football team has never lost

They just ran out of time

The Watchtower has never been wrong

They just don't understand properly, which is different than speculation

• Overrated
    Overrated

Troll Alert! Troll Alert!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Troll ?

Who you?

• Overrated
    Overrated

I predict in the next 2-5 years that Watchtower will be a online/TV cult with a yearly meet ups at mini assembly halls. Kingdumb Halls will be sold off. Spirituality would be shown by how much you donate to the Org. The preaching work will be bill but still recruitment $. You would have to maintain a yearly membership to the cult.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

As those Bible students soon found out, however, it can be one thing to learn what the Bible teaches about a certain doctrinal subject but quite another to discern correctly the meaning of a Bible prophecy. Why is that so? For one thing, Bible prophecies are often best understood when they are undergoing fulfillment or after they have been fulfilled. But there is another factor. To understand a prophecy correctly, we generally have to consider its context. If we focus on only one aspect of the prophecy and ignore the rest, we may draw the wrong conclusion. In hindsight, it seems that this has been the case with a prophecy in the book of Joel. Let us review that prophecy and discuss why an adjustment in our present understanding is needed.........study article 14 year 2020

Emphasis on Bible prophecies are often best understood after they have been fulfilled

If we focus on only one aspect of the prophecy and ignore the rest, we may draw the wrong conclusion......same study article.

For many years, we have applied that prophecy symbolically to the way in which Jehovah’s people, like an unstoppable swarm of locusts, engage in their preaching activity.

However, when we consider the prophecy in its context, we see that a different understanding is appropriate. Let us examine four reasons why this is so.......same article

When those prophecies are taught and speculated back then they are truth but when they add as captured in this article that new interpretation is different or admitting not following context leads to wrong interpretation. Then you can be guaranteed that they are all bunch of ...............................

In reality the prophecies were made to fulfill and match their doctrines nothing else. They were not explained or interpreted to fulfill what was intended by the writer of those prophecies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "What does the Watchtower Society's history of prophetic speculation prove?"

That they are - quite simply - wrong.

Doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

• Ding
    Ding

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken!"

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent response Tater-T

I responded

<<”Our organization has never been a prophetic speculator.”>>

Houston, we have a problem!!!

Paul I’m sorry but I only see several possibilities here…as follows:

a. you are employing sarcasm.

b. you are ignorant of your organizations’ history.

c. you don’t know the definition of the word “speculation”.

d. you are brainwashed and deluded

These are the only choices I can think of. Is there another that I missed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit