Will you attend the Memorial 2020 ? - Covid-19 (Coronavirus)

by bats in the belfry 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

You know what I like? That I have no idea when it is. THAT is progress.

Snakes

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wouldn't attend the JWS memorial in spite of the Corona virus , for its a wrongly devised and practice of taking the emblems which represent the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

All of his faithful followers are to partake as " his instructions " and its gods decision among these who are to become the anointed, not an individual's choice or decision.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wonder what the memorial attendance will be like in Italy or what alternatives to the meeting will they come up with ?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

a genuine blizzard caused a tv memorial once. Or was it a phone patch?

I was set to give a non bloviated version for the wife.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Any low memorial attendances due to avoiding the corona virus will be given as a sign of the last days to reassure the wobblers that despite wonderful improvements these are absolutely dreadful times to live in.

OK, the new virus is a serious world problem but unlike the plagues of former times we have the technology to respond and curb the beast by scientific understanding and humanitarian measures. In the past it was down to "God's will".

As for your question, who wouldn't want to attend the programmed disappointment called the Memorial? You'd be mad to miss it!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wonder what the memorial attendance will be like in Italy or what alternatives to the meeting will they come up with ?

Smiddy ...

Assume that each phone tie-in has 10 people listening and they crank up the volume and it is loud enough for the neighbors to hear. You could create some big numbers for attendance.

Rub a Dub

• waton
    waton

There is a possibility that "history will repeat itself and:

Just as a decree by "Cesar " caused the unlikely virgin birth of "Jesus" in Bethlehem, Government might might again make the J-spring rite right, the celebration of his death too an "all in all family" affair, may be all 8, 9 together.

making all families to make their own decisions, the choice of wine and wining (or not) in secret, as

many already do. uncounted by wt hounders.

P.S. will the wtBtS.inc stop the invitation campaign of inviting billions to a virus passing sit-down? and in that case, what will the tens of thousands of "temporary pioneers" do, who thought that they would have an easy, confrontation- frustration free ride to fame in the congregation?

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

What if you attend and refuse to handle the glass and the plate because of the virus being transmitted?

The Catholic church has said its up to the individual will org do the same.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Although McDonalds, Tim Horton's and some other food outlets had adopted filling customer's reusable cups to reduce the number of disposables, as a precaution, many food outlets have suspended doing so due to the Corona outbreak.

For JW memorial, in consideration to the increasing number of partakers, multiple glasses of wine should be ready so that no more than 1 person will drink from each glass. Likewise, any piece of bread touched, should be discarded so no one will touch or eat from the same piece.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Covid-19 or not I still would not attend to answer your question. And I only know when it is because of this forum .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit