Will you attend the Memorial 2020 ? - Covid-19 (Coronavirus)

by bats in the belfry 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

... or rather listen to the advice on their JW News website:

Show Love to Others. While we all know the importance of attending Christian meetings and participating in the public ministry, if you are sick, it is best to stay home to avoid infecting others. This shows brotherly love and protects our brothers and sisters and our non-Witness neighbors.—Matthew 22:39.

Follow Government Recommendations and Directives. Local authorities often implement precautions or restrictions for public health. It is good to keep informed and comply with the government’s directives.

Your thoughts, please.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

will i attend the last supper in 2020 ?

err--that will be a no. why break the habit of the last 40 years ?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Sure. Sniff, cough, wipe my nise on my sleeve, hack, put on the whole show. Just trying to fit in

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wouldn't attend that wastefest without the virus. All I will have to tell them is that I might have the virus and not yet have symptoms, but can still spread it. I might also tell them that I have, or could have, asymptomatic Spanish flu and could bring down the whole congregation even without showing any symptoms whatsoever. Thanks to my supplements, that is a more likely outcome than getting very sick.

Of course, if they are dumb enough to try dragging me to that wastefest, I will tell them in German to make it that much harder for them to understand.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I always marveled at how Jehovah's Witnesses put so much importance on attending the Memorial of Christ's Death. They treat it like it is the most Holy of Holy Holidays. Then, they attend and participate in this ritual which mocks the Eucharist by refusing to drink the wine and eat the bread.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    which mocks the Eucharist by refusing to drink the wine and eat the bread

This is really called Passover. Passing over the Bread and Wine.

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

It's sad that the WTS misses the entire point of such a remembrance. It seems, rather, that it reinforces their caste system, IMHO. Rather than celebrate the mission of Jesus on earth, they use it as selfishly as possible. No, the JW brand of memorial "celebration" is not something I would find a good use of my time.

• Biahi
    Biahi

How much will they pay me to attend?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The last Memorial I ever attended was 1996, that was a whole 5 years before I officially left the Watchtower. That was 24 years ago for me this year, so no.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I will be there and smile.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit