• blondie
    blondie

I can think of 3 that did not originate in the US

Unification Church (Moonies) Korea

Hare Krishna (India)

Aum Shinreikyo (Japan)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    That's because it's an American religion. Only 2 out of 8 grew up elsewhere.

Wow that's an interesting demographic, I had no idea. Very odd considering they claim to be Gods one true people whom God draws to him.

If it were, it would make more sense for people to come from everywhere in equal numbers.

I must remember to mention that to my next JW...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Sigrid Haha, JWs would have to have the two women talking to themselves at a table.

JW WOMENS NEWSROUND!

{whatever you do don't look at the camera Martha!!!!}

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I feel happified.

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

And

Raelism (France)

Amish and Mennonites (Switzerland)

Order of the Solar Temple (France)

• blondie
    blondie

I was thinking about my long history with the WTS, 64 years. In that time, there have been many members of the GB that have come and gone. I think a few on here are about my age or older might remember some of these men. It seems that it is current trend for new GB members to be mostly from the US.

I looked up the past and current members of the GB and I found this about their place of origin, all white men claiming to be anointed by the time they were appointed to the GB.

Barber-Canada

Barr-Scotland

Barry-New Zealand

Gangas-New Ephesus, Turkey

G. Jackson-Australia

K Klein-Germany

Losch-Austria

Poetzinger-Germany

Fekel-Austria Hungary

Sullivan-Canada

Greenlees-Canada

Chitty-England

Splane-Canada?

In my research I found that the WTS says they started talking about the "governing body" in 1944.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1971923?q=governing+body+1944&p=par

The official magazine of Jehovah’s Christian witnesses is The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom. In the year 1944 the Watchtower magazine began to speak about the governing body of the Christian congregation

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1990204?q=governing+body+1944&p=par

Looking back in this “time of the end,” we are not surprised that the members of the Governing Body were at first closely identified with the editorial staff of the Watch Tower Society. (Daniel 12:4) The article “The Theocratic Alignment Today,” published in The Watchtower of November 1, 1944, said: “Reasonably, those who were entrusted with the publication of the revealed Bible truths were looked to as the Lord’s chosen governingbody to guide all those who desired to worship God in spirit and in truth and to serve him unitedly in spreading these revealed truths to other hungering and thirsting ones.”

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    evidently, bald old white men prevail.

I'm surprised their weight wasn't mentioned as well. It's almost the year 2020 and white men are the last cross section of society left, who some of us feel free make uncomplimentary insinuations about. Especially so if they're old and overweight.

Perhaps the comment was meant to be complimentary, but typically:

Bald = Physically Flawed, not pretty to look at and therefore incapable.

Old = Irrelevant and no longer of value. They couldn't possible have anything to offer.

White= Suspect...all of em'...entitled, privileged....not to be trusted.

Men = Automatically evil...the cause of most of the worlds problems.

neat blue dog: That's because it's an American religion. Only 2 out of 8 grew up elsewhere.
    blondie: So there are no bald old white men in non-American religions.

^ ^ Calling attention other peoples assumptions.

• Listener
    Listener

But Pete Zahut, look at your descriptors and tell me where they don't apply to the GB. I'll concede that they are not automatically evil, that has been shown over time and also that they are not the cause of most of the worlds problems, just their own little world.

On that list should also be fatherless. I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on what that equates to as well Pete Zahut. 😀

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If the people in the photo were of another race or of another gender and did all the same things the governing body has, the race and gender wouldn’t be mentioned for fear of sounding racist or sexist.

When men... especially white men are involved, there are no limits to what women can and do say about them.

The majority of JWs are women and without having a gun held to their head, absolutely and wholeheartedly supported and are still supporting these men and they systematically teach their little boys to take the lead and their little girls to be submissive. They wanted their husbands to be leaders and despised them if they weren’t. Many, if not most men would have preferred not to be expected to play the part they were forced into by the generation before them yet they carry the blame for doing what women and society in general demanded of them.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    On that list should also be fatherless. I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on what that equates to as well Pete Zahut. 😀

I'm not sure what you are asking?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit