Damaging Children With the Christian Gospel

by cofty 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Half banana
    Half banana

Cofty your OP shows the revolting face of Christianity.

JWs are fully committed to the idea of forcing their brand of salvation on their own kids.

Surely this has to do with parents lack of insight into normal societal relations and a bullying attitude towards their children; believe it, it'll do you good! Another motive is to look good in the congregation with zombie children who just follow and please the foolish grown ups. The trouble is that the grown ups themselves are acting like unquestioning children and so creates the circularity in JW culture of dependent children growing up to become dependent adults.

This christianity is at odds with a healthy mental outlook and forcing the grim concept of sinfulness on children who cannot be expected to criticise it; is child abuse.

• cofty
    cofty
    Hitch was right. Religion spoils everything.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

*barf*

I hate what religion does to kids. Religion is about selling a sickness that doesn't exist then selling the cure. Cowards passing on their world of fear to the next generation.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What in the hell radio channel was that on??? If it was mainstream they must be looking to provoke controversy, because noone is listening to their bullcrap anymore.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    After being introduced, Ware laughed with the co-hosts, while agreeing with the fact that toddlers are in reality “wicked sinners” in need of correction, noting:
    As you said, Bob — I mean, you look at these sweet little babies — but, boy, inside is, you can tell already, is this sin nature that is ready to be expressed in a variety of ways.

What a total moronic turd of an excuse for a human this richard head is!

• hooberus
    hooberus

If atheism is true aren't children simply a soulless bag of atoms?

The result of random copying mistakes filtered by purposeless differential survival?

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator
    I don't recall Jesus calling anyone a wicked sinner. Unless of course, they were truly wicked. I hear he actually treated the sinners quite well. On the other hand, he did tell the Pharisees where to go and how to get there.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Your post just remind me of something I said some years ago at a meeting:

"From the moment we are born, we are born sinners, we have begun to die, and unless we change that, we will die in an eternal sense."

The comment is true, of course not to you [cofty] or the majority of those on this forum, but to Christian believing people it is. However, thinking back now, I'm disappointed with myself for having said it so passionately and openly like that with many children in attendance. I think that the same can be taught just by adhering to the moral standards taught in the Bible. Sometimes being blunt to minds that are not prepared to hear it can be detrimental. I still believe in the Christian God of the Bible yet I never taught that to any of my children or while in field service to any other children. My thoughts.

• cofty
    cofty
    If atheism is true aren't children simply a soulless bag of atoms? - Hooby

If you ever found the courage and intellectual honesty to examine the evidence against theism you would lose your faith in a deity.

Are you telling me that if that ever happened you would cease to view the lives of children to be of immense value? What is wrong with you? Why are your ethics so fragile?

I don't recall Jesus calling anyone a wicked sinner. - Libby

Paul is very explicit about it. If you reject all of Paul's letters as the depraved ravings of a sadomasochistic lunatic then good for you.

The comment is true ...However, thinking back now, I'm disappointed with myself for having said it so passionately and openly - Tenacious

You sound as if you are trying to justify duplicity.

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit