Covid-19 Texas cases spike following George Floyd funeral

by FatFreek 2005 18 Replies latest social current

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

On Tuesday, the George Floyd funeral took place.

"On Wednesday, Texas reported its highest single-day increase in diagnoses since the start of the pandemic, with 2,504 new cases, more than twice as many reported the previous day." Source, Newsweek.com

Just my unprofessional take -- some 30 to 40 percent of attendees did not wear masks.

Check for yourself, snippets of video footage, George Floyd funeral.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

More Google News headlines, today:

"Keep wearing face masks if you want to avoid coronavirus second wave, study finds"

"How the widespread mask use could slow the Coronavirus Pandemic"

"University of Arizona doctor: People not wearing masks is a factor in state's spike in coronavirus cases"

"W.H.O. Finally endorses masks to prevent Coronavirus transmission"

"WHO reverses course, now advises people wear face masks to fight coronavirus spread"

• FatFreek 2005
  • matt
    matt

thread title should be "more propaganda for the herds, straight to you from the Rockefeller medical empire"

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

Also shoot yourself in the head prevent to get the Corona...

I never saw such a panic for a flue a bit more stronger than usual.

IC

• matt
    matt

ex-jws, for obvious reasons, seem to like revelations of cognitive dissonance. here is an excellent example of what is termed "message dissonance", and specifically uses mask-wearing "science" to illustrate. don't want to be led by a ring in the nose? start to recognize how a worldview is created for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00P_JQARgho

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

Amen @Matt

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Just my unprofessional take -- some 30 to 40 percent of attendees did not wear masks

@FatFreek ...

I noticed the same thing at the George Floyd Patterson funeral. It was incredible to see how many people were jammed in together and not wearing masks. OK, maybe not 6 feet apart under the circumstances, but at least 3 feet apart.

People should just use common sense, but that seems to be in short supply today. If you don't feel good, stay home. If you go out and are being close to people, have the decency to wear a mask.

• sir82
    sir82

I assume you didn't know that symptoms for COVID-19 take anywhere from 2-14 days to appear, rather than just one day.

There will likely be a spike from the funeral, but it will probably occur next week or even the week after.

This week's spike is probably, almost certainly, a result of people mixing in public far more than usual over Memorial day weekend.

It's not rocket science folks. Wear a mask.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

On Tuesday, the George Floyd funeral took place. "On Wednesday, Texas reported its highest single-day increase. . .

It takes longer than a mere twenty-four for results of exposure to be seen. But continue trying to promote more fear and panic. I for one refuse to buy into that. Go ahead and thumb down vote my comment, I have broad shoulders and can take it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit