Do You Think We Will Ever Get Back To “Normal”?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Maybe in time? But, it might be a new normal with masks under some circumstances!

WIZARD:

It also worries me about supply disruptions. This is not out of the question and this pandemic has certainly taught ME that I should have as much stocked up as possible! I was always in agreement with this - and this pandemic just proved that I was right.

The days are over for daydreaming people thinking they can have an almost empty fridge, etc. and imagine they can just hop in their car to the nearest supermarket and ASSume the shelves will be stocked!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There is no 'normal' to go back to. People will adjust and behaviors will be changed. The primary problem is that when a real pandemic comes by (something along the lines of Ebola) nobody will believe the governments. The governments blew this thing way out of proportion, especially the effects it was going to have on health care systems.

Nothing they warned about realized, not even their best case scenarios, and it turns out that the biggest proponents of the shut downs were themselves liars and cheaters that didn't follow their own advice. People hopefully realize the media and politicians doesn't have their best interest at heart.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes certainly so if there is vaccine developed which would block out any reoccurring infections.

Until that happens we have to play it cautiously safe.

There is the potential for humanity it built up immunity to the virus on its own which could make infections eventually rare .

• Kosonen
    Kosonen
    Anony Mous said:41 minutes ago

"There is no 'normal' to go back to. . ..nobody will believe the governments. The governments blew this thing way out of proportion, .

Nothing they warned about realized, not even their best case scenarios"

Yes, that is exactly what the well known statesman Henry Kissinger wrote April 3, 2020:

"Nations cohere and flourish on the belief that their institutions can foresee calamity, arrest its impact and restore stability. When the Covid-19 pandemic is over, many countries’ institutions will be perceived as having failed. Whether this judgment is objectively fair is irrelevant. The reality is the world will never be the same after the coronavirus. To argue now about the past only makes it harder to do what has to be done."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-coronavirus-pandemic-will-forever-alter-the-world-order-11585953005

The text of the article is also available here without login:

https://www.voltairenet.org/article209639.html

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    This will usher in a new global financial authority that will demand worship and that everyone is marked with the mark of the beast or its name or its number.

I have to admit, this thread took a very unexpected turn. Wow, that escalated quickly... pulls “the mark of the beast” out like a boss.

I did not see that coming.

• Simon
    Simon

All the globalist institutions failed in spectacular fashion. The future "normal" are nation states and a pull back from people allowing unelected bodies with zero accountability control their lives.

People also now see the value in local supply chains because "local" more often means "secure and reliable".

Turned out relying on "just in time" delivery doesn't work when you really really need things - there's always a queue, and all you did was hide it.

• minimus
    minimus

Mr mean me neither

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sure are a lot of bent and twisted perceptions on this thread concerning Covid-19.

The fact is governments foreknew that this virus was both deadly and contagious so they were compelled to act toward the protection of the population to which they govern.

Lets imagine for a second that governments did establish restrictions or shut downs ... ????

You yourself would most likely have to suffer the death of one your own family members.

You would most likely see bodies wrapped up laying on the street as you went to work or to shop at your local stores.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

No, this is "the new normal".

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Finkelstein: We've seen nations that both had full shutdowns and left the country open. Even within the US we've seen both. Florida remained open while NY locked down tight, NY is worse off than Florida in every measure. Sweden is better off in every measure.

It's almost as if poor policies and ideologies that were in place prior to the pandemic mattered more than the policies the government enacted after it began. We haven't seen the full analysis yet, but people with private health care choices did orders of magnitude better than those that relied on government health care options in the US, a lot of people lost those options with ObamaCare.

The reason so many died in NY is because Medicare/Medicaid/ObamaCare policies forced old people and homeless back into nursing homes and shelters to reduce costs for empty and financially failing state hospitals which Cuomo effectively turned into a political tool to blame others. Even in the midst of the pandemic, Cuomo made very clear that taking in money for his state was more important when he said volunteer health care workers would have to pay income taxes to NYS.

Florida on the other hand committed funds to hospitals so people with COVID-19 could stay longer in the hospital. Cuomo still hasn't copied those policies, I'm working in a currently financially defunct system myself within NY, we got more from Trump ($200M from the Federal Government) than NYS ($30M).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit