Do You Think We Will Ever Get Back To “Normal”?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I hope that within the next several months we will get back to some type of normalcy.

Will restaurants ever get filled again? Will you ever be able to sit at a bar or go to a concert or Broadway show?

Will we forever be obsessed to wear a mask, wear gloves and religiously carry hand soap around??

Do you envision life returning to normal or is this it?

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

No, life won't come back to normal completely. I think you will be able to quit using masks and gloves. Here in Sweden it is all voluntary and majority do not use and nothing bad happens. It is most people older than 70 who has died of Covid-19.

But the lockdowns in almost all the world's countries has created economic damage that will change the world for good.

This will usher in a new global financial authority that will demand worship and that everyone is marked with the mark of the beast or its name or its number.

Those who refuse will not be able to buy or sell. And the Bible also says that those who refuse to worship the beast will be sought out for elimination.

Revelation 13:5-8...and it was given authority to act for 42 months. And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God to blaspheme his name and his dwelling place, even those residing in heaven. It was permitted to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation. And all those who dwell on the earth will worship it.

But according to Revelation 12, God's woman, that is God's worldwide congregation will escape to a place in a wilderness far away from the beast system.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

The Economist, co owned by the super powerful Rothschild banking family gives I think a realistic view of the future economy after the lockdowns. It is explained in their recent video:

https://youtu.be/f9v6givfTEA

• millie210
    millie210

The "Spanish Flu" hit in the spring of 1918 and pretty much fizzled out in the summer of 1919. The death toll was much greater.

This was immediately followed by the Roaring 20s.

Never underestimate the human ability to fall and bounce back.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

When all this blows over by summer of 2021, life will be back to normal. Anyone that says we need to wear masks for the rest of our lives is a moron.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

One thing I’m very grateful this virus has brought is companies realization that workers can be productive at home. I feel we need to get at least 30-40% of people off the roads and working from home even when things are back to normal. We have far too much traffic and pollution with only a limited amount of oil. It’s so foolish to keep forcing all that so workers can be micromanaged in an office building.

• LauraV
    LauraV

I think the marker will be around holiday time, starting with Thanksgiving. I would think all the dept. stores will be open by November, I just want to see if the frenzied Xmas shoppers will still carry on as usual, although these past years it's been noted that a lot of people were doing there holiday shopping online, but still the stores are usually packed starting after Turkey Day.

As far as the job market goes, I know all the folks in HR at every company are now weighing the facts about who they need and who they don't need since everyone is working from home now. CBS just laid off some of their on air talent, as well as the behind the scenes folks, so you know what going to happen in the average offices, major layoffs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It will not be allowed to return to normal until everyone has been vaccinated and has RFID chips to prove it. The vaccine doesn't need to actually work--a solution of water, salts, MSG, fluorides, mercury compounds, cadmium, arsenic, aluminum, and squalenes will do just fine as long as it comes with the RFID chip and the requirement that we have it or no work or anything else. Until then, we are stuck with face masks (of which I have plenty of reusable ones, and I am looking into ordering Christmas themed face masks now before they go out of stock).

As for using them, they are required to work (no mask, no work) if the building is open to the public during that time. You also need to wear them in a store to shop (they will bar you from entering if you do not have one on). I can see a time coming when they have a few new cases, where just stepping out to check the mail will require a mask. For now, I do not wear a mask while outside and away from crowds because they do not do any good. And no, I only use hand sanitizer in high risk situations (such as after handling a dumpster door), or before entering a store if it is available (to throttle spread from outside to some elderly person that has had zero exposure). I use hand washings to stall at work (such as waiting that 15 or so seconds so I won't get docked 15 minutes), or if I handle something especially dirty (otherwise, I just do a regular hand washing, not the full double Happy Birthday routine).

I am still expecting supply disruptions at any time, without warning. This could easily result in famine. Astrology for this country suggests that with Saturn in a bad position relative to this country's natal chart, this summer is going to be a bad one. World War III is still not out of the picture, and with major race wars, more and stricter lockdowns for the virus, and a famine (a man-made one, but a famine nonetheless), it never hurts to stock up heavier than normal on groceries.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

* shrugs *

What's "normal"?

• millie210
    millie210

Supply disruptions seem like a definite possibility WTWIzard.

I also read that this is supposed to be a significant hurricane season which if so, could have an impact on the entire east coast of the U.S. further straining resources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit