Governing Body needs qualified ''early to mid-twenty year old elders''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

https://avoidjw.org/files/en/docs/Doc-S/S-147/2022/S-147-22.01-E_Bi.pdf

Avoidjw.org has posted a letter titled, ''Announcements and Reminders January 2022.''

The Governing Body are always changing Bible procedures. Since few young brothers are reaching out as pioneers and ministerial servants, not attending School for Kingdom Evangelizers, not serving at Bethel and assisting in Kingdom Hall construction, they are in urgent need for elders.

They admit that these young men ( early to mid 20's ) are young in years. But since, there is a shortage of elders, exceptional ministerial servants now can become elders in the congregations. Now you can become an elder while still living with your parents, never dated or been married, have not been challenged with responsibilities in your young life.

The Watchtower Society will update the Shepherd book just like they updated Titus 1: 5-9

5 I left you in Crete so that you would correct the things that were defective and make appointments of elders in city after city, as I instructed you: 6 if there is any man free from accusation, a husband of one wife, having believing children who are not accused of debauchery* or rebelliousness.+ 7 For as God’s steward, an overseer must be free from accusation, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not a drunkard, not violent, not greedy of dishonest gain, 8 but hospitable,+ a lover of goodness, sound in mind,*+ righteous, loyal,+ self-controlled,+ 9 holding firmly to the faithful word* as respects his art of teaching,+ so that he may be able both to encourage by the teaching that is wholesome and to reprove those who contradict.

The Watchtower Society will update the Shepherd book just like they updated 1 Timothy 3:1-6

3 This statement is trustworthy: If a man is reaching out to be an overseer, he is desirous of a fine work. 2 The overseer should therefore be irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind,*+ orderly, hospitable,+ qualified to teach,+ 3 not a drunkard,+ not violent,* but reasonable,+ not quarrelsome, not a lover of money, a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner, having his children in subjection with all seriousness+ 5 (for if any man does not know how to preside over* his own household, how will he care for the congregation of God?), 6 not a newly converted man,+ for fear that he might get puffed up with pride and fall into the judgment passed on the Devil.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Scraping the barrell springs to mind.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

It's harder to fade once you're an "appointed man."

• FFGhost
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    FFGhost

Long discussion on this topic here:

That was a great thread! I like your comment:

Coming soon: You too can get marital advice, counsel on raising children, and direction concerning your lack of appreciation for spiritual matters from Joe Elderson, who has never kissed a girl, who was homeschooled since the age of 6, who is still living with his parents in the same house, heck, same bedroom he's always had, who still has acne breakouts and who was not yet born during the Clinton presidency.
  • Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I would have a field day if one of these young elders would do a call on me.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Sounds like a page out of the Mormon playbook. Nothing like seeing19/20 year old Mormon "elders" on their bikes passing 20 year old JW elders on the way to their respective houses of worship.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Sounds like a page out of the Mormon playbook. Nothing like seeing19/20 year old Mormon "elders" on their bikes passing

• JW elders on the way to their respective houses of worship.
  • dozy
    dozy

This must be a massive need and a huge demographic leadership issue for the Org that they are pushing for really young elders to be appointed. My still-in JW uncle has a group picture of his last elders school on his mantelpiece (he's well into his early 80's - basically just an elder in name only as he doesn't do much now and zero during covid.). Probably 90% of the elders are late middle aged or older. Some looked like they had just been let out of the nursing home for the day.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I gave up serving as an elder long before I was awakened to TTATT resulting in me giving up on the religion altogether. I cannot imagine why anyone would want to position unless it is a means of giving them fulfillment in their life. Or unless they are a power-hungry lover of the limelight.

All That Jazz: The Musical's Closest Brush with Death | Den of Geek

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit