Hitting the fan: CD epidemic at my Hall

by neat blue dog 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yesterday my congregation met for field service and the elder taking the lead did something not so smart: He brought up the child abuse situation and the recent news articles hitting local news across the country. He said 'you can see that the persecution is really coming' and that we should be ready if someone complains about it at the door. (Funny how it's persecution when it's us and righteous judgment when it happens to the other churches.) Before long everyone was googling it right there in the Kingdom Hall on their tablets and phones. There was a lot of cognitive dissonance going around. With some it manifested as awkward, weak apologetics. With most it was just uncomfortable silence. We all went out to eat right after . . . And NOBODY ended up going out in service that day!

• Xjw csaSurvivors
    Xjw csaSurvivors

Excellent!

Thanks for the report 👍

Everything the Watchtower does backfires

• blondie
    blondie

NBD, exactly:

Funny how it's persecution when it's us and righteous judgment when it happens to the other churches.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The WT put those tablets in the hands of the followers and now it's the Electronic Sword against the Silver Sword. Both are two edged.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It’s sad for the Rank and File who are just born-ins, especially the older ones in their 70s or older. They have to notice that everyone is dying off and everything is changing with no Armageddon in site...

Also, we have no idea how many of the congregants have doubts and have heard talk of all the Child Abuse but remain silent; of course they are afraid to voice their doubts as any of us who have been shunned or marked know very well. Perhaps they are doing secret research right now?

DD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

You should say a workmate mentioned the Catholic Church claims the child abuse cases are Christian persecution, too [cue awkward laugh]. Might make them think.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Diogenesister:

Excellent idea, I will keep that in mind. I was a little more blunt and just said what I said here. But I got away with it lol.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Do you think the Elders have been primed to warn the congregation like that, though? Makes you wonder......

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"(Funny how it's persecution when it's us and righteous judgment when it happens to the other churches.)"

Bingo!!! Kinda like it's a "test of our faith" if things don't go their way and a "blessing from Jehovah" if it does. lol

I spoke with an Elder, years ago (just prior to our exit). I told him of a situation that was occurring in our family. It was bad judgement on the part of the Elders with a family members JC. He was a bit unsympathetic. I asked him, what if this happened to YOUR daughter? His response? Nothing. Just a blank stare. I really made him think. Sadly, they think and then they just go on worshiping the cult.

• Xjw csaSurvivors
    Xjw csaSurvivors

"the Catholic Church claims the child abuse cases are Christian persecution, too"

Great idea!

Here's a reference :

"Pope Decries ‘Persecution’ of Catholic Church Through Accusations

Addressing the closing session of a synod of bishops at the Vatican on Saturday, the pope repeated warnings he has made in recent weeks against the “Great Accuser,” or the devil, who “in this moment is accusing us strongly, and this accusation becomes persecution,” and who seeks to “soil the church.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pope-decries-persecution-of-catholic-church-through-accusations-1540676324

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit