Who stands to benefit from the JW scam

by cognitivedizzy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If the organization goes under, the G.B. members become nobodies once again. I'm sure they've convinced themselves that they are looking out for God's interests but their job security is at stake and on some level, I'm guessing that's whats first and foremost in their minds.

• cognitivedizzy
    cognitivedizzy

I know we are speculative and unsure, even Ray's book does not cover this aspect, so it always caused me to wonder, the borg runs like a well oiled machine, so it's really confusing as to who eats the cherry on top,

Dubstep

I agree with u...there is more to this rebranding that the eight , wish someone would leak that info

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think Hoodwinked had it about right, the skyplane is on autopilot in as far as the "spiritual" leads are a bunch of yes men who were groomed not to make any radical changes long before they took the reigns. However there are very likely a niché group of professionals ( lawyers, engineers, PR guys, business people) who are doing every nicely thank you very much and whom it doesn't behoove to look too closely into their religion of birth.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and whom it doesn't behoove to look too closely into their religion of birth.

thats a lovely watchtower word there Dio.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ha ha I thought it was a bit pretentious but then I thought...nah!! A blast from the past :-)) :-)) :-))

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The leadership.

Like I keep saying, without the Org, these men would have nothing.

They would be nothing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I truly think that those at the top are just as deluded as you or me when we were serving as elders, MS, pioneers and giving 110% to the Cult. Did you not think that you were "working for God"? For "the Kingdom interests"?

Now I feel quite foolish and embarrassed that I really believed in all that Hocus Pocus nonsense about Holy Spirit selecting me (or others) for those special privileges (menial jobs to do for free). We recently heard of an Elder being DFd because he had been maintaining an affair since even before his 10+ years of marriage. During that time, he was been appointed as an MS, Elder, pioneer, Internat'l Conv delegate, etc. Where was the Holy Spirit? I suppose the rabid uber JW would say "Jehover is patient".

While the GB & Friends live very comfortable lives, I really do not see anyone sneaking away to the Cayman's with a big bag of cash (at least not for their own personal gain. I do think they are hiding money out of the US as best they can to avoid it going to attorneys). I think they truly believe they are protecting God's assets.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    DoC: I do think they are hiding money out of the US as best they can to avoid it going to attorneys

Or being included in the assessments that they are providing to the courts to be evaluated for how much victims receive for the org's negligence.

Does anyone else think that the amount the org submitted to the Montana court was a bit low? And was only for the US branch/headquarters?

We know that the org has assets tucked away in shell companies. Remember Valley Farms?

And really, how convenient that the org's "collapse" includes getting rid of those cumbersome property assets. Money is so much easier to deal with - send that cash on a trip around the world and watch the "asset" line on those court documents drop down.

The org has been hearing the devil's footsteps for some time. They are willing to sacrifice anybody and everybody to protect their asses/assets. They really could care less if the attendance drops and KHs are sold - a good justification for telling the courts - "we have no money to pay the victims" - and so much easier to handle. True believer$ only.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Does anyone else think that the amount the org submitted to the Montana court was a bit low? And was only for the US branch/headquarters?

It likely only included the Corporations that were named in the lawsuit. WTS has dozens of Corporations and not all of them would be liable. You can be sure that eventually the CCJWs is who will be sending all the letters of directions and very likely it has NO assets. These current case are decades old when the WTS Corp and the JW religion were synonymous. They just have to fumble and stumble (and pay) their way through any abuse cases that occurred back before the legal juggling began. Soon, they will just tell the Court -- there is no money.

Image result for shell game

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The real estate scam started in the Rutherford area and has been part of the JW program ever since. They have been scamming the JWs every possible way possibly excusing their actions by explaining to themselves that since they don’t tithe then what else can we do? The organization I don’t think is run by a group of men behind the scenes pulling the strings instead it’s an organization that has evolved over time run by narcissists and based on what’s has happen to them and the organization the cult is where it is today. Inept corupt and just plain crazy but they can’t see the trees for the Forrest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit