Is there evidence for networks of abuse?

by slimboyfat 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    Wow, that's great Blondie!
  • flipper
    flipper

In the past I had thought pedophiles were loners - I mean who would admit that to anyone?

Flipper and I have since gotten to know several people who were abused by JW pedophiles, or whose children were. Also have read a lot on the subject and followed news stories. Some do hang out in groups.

In a good friend's former congregation the elders regularly recruited at a prison known to have a lot of pedophiles. Another nearby congregation had so many pedophiles that an elder's wife would not allow her kids to attend there.

One of those creeps (who had been 10 years in prison for what he did to little girls) followed our friend in his car, I suppose to intimidate her because she was trying to inform people about him. She drove straight to the PO's house, and was more angry than scared.

I was afraid for her safety (she lives several states away) and actually called bethel. I identified myself as a non jw (true) and asked the guy to please do something about it. I gave him the guys history and laid out how the elders let him skate on all kinds of obnoxious stuff he did.

The guy at bethel was dismissive, said it would be looked into and tried to get off the phone. I was disgusted and told him if anything happens to her they may be in trouble.

I would not be surprised if there is a subculture of pedophiles in the wt.

Mrs. Flipper

• talesin
    talesin
    To comment on the side-topic discussion, I believe that the questioning by Judicial Committees of girls under the age of legal consent, about sexual matters in detail, without a parent present, may be illegal.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

talesin , and other interested folk ,

If I remember correctly , this point was brought up in the ARC as to the advisability of handling a JC in such a way , without concern for the victim , however I don`t think the practice was challenged from a legal perspective.

Only that it would cause more trauma to the victim .

SBF , have you looked at the videos or the transcripts of the ARC ? if not I recommend you do so , and anybody else who has not taken the time to look at them .

smiddy

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

blondie

Kudos to you and your husband for those experiences , as they say behind every good man there is a good woman.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit