Can watchtower really continue with cart preaching?

by Hellothere 17 Replies latest social current

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Can watchtower really continue with cart preaching? It has become like zoom. We're people attending zoom not wanting attend halls. Carts have become a substitute for real watchtower preaching aka door two door. Was out walking. Saw cart with jws. They we're 3 of them sitting in a bench just talking too each other. Almost pretending the cart wasn't there's. The cart was like 3 meters beside them ๐Ÿ˜‚ . Back in the 90s we used to go alone in service knocking doors. 3 persons to sit beside a cart?๐Ÿ˜. I bet everyone of them counting hours. This religion has become a joke. Soon every One on this religion gonna become pioneer by sitting beside a cart, drinking coffee, doing one hour preaching ( or what they call it) a month. I have seen carts with four person.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I personally felt the cart was more effective than driving around knocking door where people were not interested or not at home. At lease at the cart, those interested will engage with you. We usually ended up placing some literature and some even started studies. ( sometimes the people who wanted to engage with you were more interested in talking to you than about what you were there for (as in try to pick you up!)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's just "busy work", as is the door-to-door ministry. At least the cart work doesn't aggravate the community as much since people can just ignore them (which is all the better as far as the witnesses sitting there is concerned).

And do not forget all the letter writing that's going on. Painfully slow and often illegible, I suspect, hand written letters that are quickly tossed by recipients.

I'm fairly certain the GB (and the entire Borg) is currently "on hold" counting on Armageddon to bail them out.......soon. Very soon.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

DesirousOfChange Was thinking the same thing. GB crossing their fingers and toes hoping the big A comes before whole org just fall apart.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    This religion has become a joke

And, I so agree. I was a zealous, 100% believing reg pio back in the 80's & 90's. I sweated, sacrificed, hurt, was eaten up by bugs, etc. in the ministry. I walked neighborhoods by myself in 104degF heat and high humidity. I faced guns four times (might have been more; I just remember the four explicitly). I had doors slammed in my face. I was cussed out and yelled at and ridiculed. I was bold and I faced it all with strength and courage.

JWs today are wimps. How possibly could they really believe that the whole damned world is about to experience a great cataclysm during which most humans will be destroyed and think they're providing a sufficient warning? There's no way what they're doing could be classified as being a sufficient warning. There's no way a just God could judge people based on the way they react to the almost nonexistent warning work of JWs. If JWs are really what they claim to be, they should be like the Israelites marching around Jericho on the seventh day - giving a great shout.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Yes, until Caesar bans them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Yes, until Caesar bans them.""

Just as long as they ''legally can'', the carts will continue. It's always about the Borg covering it's a$$et$ first,,,,and foremost.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Unless thereโ€™s a comparable paper trail for trolley work or tables in the park, I suspect the Org needs the D2D records in case their charity status gets audited by revenue agencies.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's a sort of lazy 'busy work' for the r&f(tm). The D2D is result free, too.

The bOrg will keep it going like everything else. They don't know when to stop. the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them), are out of touch with reality. They live in their own echo chamber.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

They need to for the time being. Nobody wants to do anything else. People have few return visits, territory..yeah right! This is super easy and people can just sit there and gossip and do nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit