What Happened at the Tulsa Rally? I Thought There Were Requests for a Million Tickets?

by RubaDub 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Still way, way more [people] than anything Biden and the dems can muster

That is true. It is just the magnitude of difference that was the issue here. If the Dems claimed that 10,000 were registered for a Biden event and 1% (100) showed up, Biden would be considered a laughing stock to many.

My point was comparing apples to apples. Then somehow the Chinese influence on the Dems got involved. I thought maybe then the Dems and Chinese were conspiring to register for the Tulsa event. No negative racial component in any way was intended. Those are some of the most common Chinese last names.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

According to CBS:

About two hours ahead of Mr. Trump's rally, the National Guard and Oklahoma police formed a police line inside the rally perimeter. Officers also closed a gate along one of the street entrances to the rally.

From Twitter:

Security gates at 4th & Cheyenne are closed right now. News On 6’s Dan Hawk tells me Black Lives Matter showed up & someone (not sure who) closed the gates not long after (around 3:15pm). No one allowed in.

Apparently there were some tussles as BLM protestors formed a line in front of the entrances. Trump supporters left peacefully later.

Of course the MSM wouldn't report on those facts but Twitter and other outlets had many complaining they couldn't get in.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

According to CBS:

Anony Mous ...

I wouldn't believe a word of it coming from CBS and the liberal outlets. Next you'll be getting your news from MSNBC.

Wait until it comes from Fox News.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Continuing with the theme of “most-likely-racist-now-but-not-really-and-funny-as-hell”:

(warning, may not be as funny if you don’t have this sort of IT background)

https://youtu.be/5p8wTOr8AbU

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Wait until it comes from FOX News...

"Trump campaign officials said protesters prevented the president's supporters from entering the stadium. Three Associated Press journalists reporting in Tulsa for several hours leading up to the president's speaking did not see protesters block entry to the area where the rally was held." - FOX 23 NEWS TULSA, OK June 20, 2020 11:50pm

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@sparky1: According to Reuters it did happen though. It seems the press simultaneously is saying there were and there weren't thousands of BLM protestors and throngs of Trump people fighting. According to one, a Trump supporter sprayed pepper spray at a crowd.

So if the groups blocking and antagonizing Trump supporters didn't exist, how did they get sprayed with pepper spray?

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting follow up facts not too many are talking about.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"There were some shouting matches and scuffles outside the event between around 30 Black Lives Matter demonstrators and some Trump supporters waiting to enter. A Reuters reporter saw no sign any Trump supporters were prevented from entering the arena or overflow area." - Jeff Mason, Makini Brice Reuters Politics Page June 20, 2020 updated today 7:16 am

"A Reuters reporter said police did temporarily close the access gates after protesters arrived at the rally perimeter, but state troopers helped clear the area and the gates were open some three hours before the rally began." - Elizabeth Culliford Reuters Politics page June 21, 2020

I certainly am not trying to deny your claim Anony Mous that a gate was closed and that some Black Lives Matters antagonists may have been acting like complete a$$holes and disrupting Trump supporters right to peaceful assembly. My contention is that the Trump campaign claims that their supporters were prevented from entering the arena. Reporters of all stripes seem to call into question that claim.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I'm sure there is a simple explanation. Some people came to the sensible realization that their lives and the lives of their families were worth more than a silly rally.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

My point is that President Trump and his campaign bragged about how many tickets were requested

So what? If the anti-Trump left requested them as AOC bragged about and then did not show up causing the numbers of requested tickets to be artificially inflated that is not on Trump or his supporters. And BTW, you know well who the leftists are, so don't pull that idiotic question our of your ass! Unless you are not pretending to be that ignorant!

Go ahead and thumb down this comment, I have had enough of anyone on the left!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit