What Happened at the Tulsa Rally? I Thought There Were Requests for a Million Tickets?

by RubaDub 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It just seems rather odd to me that supposedly a million people had tickets or wanted tickets and yet the upper deck of the arena was half empty (or less) and they cancelled the outdoor overflow thing. Just a bit strange based from what was reported the day before.

I wonder if it was no-shows or being overly optimistic.

• Davros
    Davros

If you read a recent tweet by AOC, she explains and says how proud she was of all those tic toc teens reserving all those tickets that were never intended to be used.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe people with children decided not to attend.

I just heard part of it but he was calling some people a son-of-a-bitch among other very presidential words.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe the AOC statement

• minimus
    minimus

Rub, Presidents never have been known to speak this way.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Rub, Presidents never have been known to speak this way.

Min ...

I've read that behind the scenes, Nixon was extremely foul-mouthed.

I guess it is just how you present yourself to the public.

• minimus
    minimus

LBJ was unbelievable! But it makes people feel better to live in fantasy land and believe their President would never use such language! Yeah right and maybe I can sell you a little paradise

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

But it makes people feel better to live in fantasy land

Min ...

You're old enough to remember when they would ask a little boy what he wanted to be when he grew up, and the boy would answer "President." At the time it was more of a role model but obviously a utopian view of the office.

Times change. People today don't care. You get what you vote for.

I guess the other Presidents that I can remember in my life were, perhaps other then Clinton, at least "Presidential." I can't imagine Bush the Elder, Bush the Younger, Obama or even Reagan acting like that in public.

As the expression goes, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Although the TikTok Teens may have had some impact on the Tulsa rally, I believe it would have had a minimal impact on attendance. There was NO cap on the amount of tickets provided for this event. So even if 100,000,000,000,000 tickets were reserved for the event, up to approximately 20,000 loyal Republicans could have been seated in this venue. The fact of the matter is that people just did not show up in large numbers, period. The teens impact was probably felt in the Trump campaigns data harvesting operation. President Trump and his traveling roadshow may be wearing thin for many Republicans.

• Simon
    Simon

Apparently, the democrats welcome Chinese election interference. Someone should setup an impeachment investigation over it, obviously orchestrated and encouraged by the dems.

Also, the side who's candidate can't get 20 people in a room is complaining about crowd size? We all know if it was packed to the rafters they'd be complaining about social distancing.

Also, everyone knows that the only images the left will share will be carefully angled to show as few people as possible. It doesn't really fool anyone y'know?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit