Whats the deal with the napkins on the head?

by RoadDoctor 25 Replies latest jw friends

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    I think he should have kept his entire head in a sack

For some reason, this sent me into a fit of laughter for five minutes straight. i can't even think of it or i'll start cracking up again. thanks frank ;)

<---------------------tink (of the as-you-can-plainly-see-my-hair-is-short class)

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL @ tinkerbell.......

apparently god created women, then decided we were really so horrid he couldnt even stand to look down on our bare heads while we prayed to him.

I knew a few brothers who could have saved us from blindness with the "glow" of the lights hitting their er...umm....fuzzy shinny heads if they would have put a napkin on their heads while on the platform, but then again some of us weren't blinded by the message. We still saw the light!

Kate

• siegswife
    siegswife

There was a post put up by aChristian awhile back that looked at what Paul said in an entirely different light.

The opinion presented was that Paul was actually refuting a false practice that was developing requiring women to cover their heads. His view was that a woman's hair is her covering and that the congregation has no other custom.

That's why it seems that Paul is contradicting himself when he is really contradicting a practice that he didn't agree with.

That particular viewpoint makes alot more sense to me than the way it's been interpreted by fundamentalists.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/21047/1.ashx

Edited to add link to aChristian's post

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

siegswife, good post.

I find it fascinating that two completely opposite teachings can be taken from the exact same words in the Bible. One would think that if Jehovah was smart enough to create the Universe, He would know enough to ensure that the most important book ever written was written clearly!

The Bible is like a fiddle. You can play any tune on it you want.

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

A clear case of Pauline Christianity

'For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was man created for the woman; but the woman for the man'

Incidentally, one would think, this contradicts Genesis 1:27, in which God created mankind male and female 'in his own image'

Jesus showed no such bias and seems to have treated women as fully human beings.

• In_between_days
    In_between_days
    The point being ,women should have Long hair, most women will say short hair on another woman is cute well not to us guy's.Woman look better with long hair.The most beautiful women who ever lived had long hair an thats a fact.A womans hair is her crown so let it flow.

pfft! What kind of a thing is that to say? Speak for yourself. I think it really depends on what guy. My husband thinks some girls look great with short hair. It really depends if it suits the girl or not. Geez, I bet you think all women should wear skirts, too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit