The Satisfying Decline Of My Old Congregations Donations

by pale.emperor 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

As such, J.W.'s in the U.K. should be asking their elders why donations are continually being requested to help fund the new Britain Branch at Chelmsford.

And that's not all!!

How many of the 35 KIngdom Halls you listed last year have now been sold off, with proceeds going direct to the Britain Bethel?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5760931004940288/london-k-h-which-ones-will-sold-off

How many?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This crappy shack of a hall has had a new lick of paint every couple of months. There's no air con and no windows. In the hot summer we resort to opening the fire doors at the side of the platform. In the winter we resort to bringing portable radiators from our homes to put around the KH. I dont know what Health & Safety would say about that.

I may just write to the charity commission. Even if it's just to stir the pot.

Am i correct in my understanding that each congregation is set up as it's own charity? If that's the case, is Watchtower legally allowed to request money to be sent to them from these KHs?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ten bucks says that still-in ttatters "voting with their wallets" are a significant factor. :smirk:

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Ten bucks says that still-in ttatters "voting with their wallets" are a significant factor.

And nothing to do with the fact that Speke-Garston in Liverpool is one of the most deprived areas in England?

See the Liverpool Council's profile of the area: https://liverpool.gov.uk/media/9963/speke-garston.pdf

Life expectancy is 10 years less than the rest of England (70.8 years / 80.8 years)
    Liverpool as a whole has life expectancy of 78.5

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If the city of Liverpool were a human body, Speke would be considered the anus. The funny thing is, 5 of the elders actually all live in the same street in a lovely area in Widnes. They hate having to come to a slum of a KH when there's Widnes congregation just down the road from them. But, alas, with no young brothers reaching out they have to import elders.

• freddo
    freddo

Every congo is a separate charity.

Of course the branch never requests money. It asks the elders (AKA trustees of the congo charity) to consider what they'd like to propose giving and then of course the elders must put a resolution to the congo in such away that no-one dare vote against.

A simple majority "yes" vote of baptised publishers makes it a done deal and the resolution goes through.

Social pressure at its finest and all the little faithful sisters (who make up the majority) bob their heads and raise their hands in agreement.

The few who don't like it might abstain but numbers are never mentioned beyond "that's a clear majority" by the speaker.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ D.S. I only said, "It will be interesting to see in 12-18 months which ones have been sacrificed for filthy lucre."

I wasn't making a specific prediction or prophesying. It'll still be interesting to see!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    darkspilver - "And nothing to do with the fact that Speke-Garston in Liverpool is one of the most deprived areas in England?"

Amounts to the same thing, really.

Reduced revenue flow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit