How do you feel about the expression "The Truth"?

by stuckinarut2 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Giordano
    Giordano

The JW 'truth' is like quicksand.

'Loose wet sand that yields easily to pressure and sucks in anything resting on or falling into it. A dangerous situation from which it is hard to escape.'

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

That phrase is what got me disfellowshipped. I had told the elders that they should not be calling themselves "The Truth" even if they had true doctrines because that phrase applied to Jesus alone (John 14:6).

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I had told the elders that they should not be calling themselves "The Truth" even if they had true doctrines because that phrase applied to Jesus alone (John 14:6).

Thats a very good point.

• TheFadingAlbatros
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

I never use it....ever.

Even when I talk to JWs, i use "the organization"

by the way.... even "the organization" sounds odd. Imagine referring to something called "the organization" when taking to a non jw. They would be scratching their heads.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Image result for Watchtower logo

Image result for truth lies

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its ironic that the JWS socially instill this mantra "The Truth" among its members when this organization was founded upon lies and corruption through the commercialization of literature.

Where's the Truth ?

There isn't any, there is power, money and corruption though

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

When I started my "fade" from the Witness religion, I made sure I rid my vocabulary of this inaccurate phrase. I started calling it "the religion".

I cringe when I hear people refer to it as "the truth".

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

That it is as reliable as anything said by a politician during an election year. In other words, a big, steaming heap of fresh organic fertilizer!

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

^^^^Actually that gives me an idea...We should rename it "the turd," a lot more fitting in my opinion^^^^

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit