How do you feel about the expression "The Truth"?

by stuckinarut2 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it does take a while to shake off this dreadful expression, but it doesn't take long to lose it!

• DJS
    DJS

I think you all already know how I feel about it. Vomiting inducing (ctrwtf). I stopped using it immediately after leaving the hate filled cult in the 90s. I'm at a loss to understand why so many continue to use it. The DarkLords developed their own special language, which is what all cults do, in large part to control and program the rank and file.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone continuing to use phrases such as the truth, "the truth" (What the fukk is up with that? Does posting it as a quotation make it better somehow?), or even ttatt has truly left the DarkTower. And there is a second problem; those using these phrases reinforce others to continue to believe, even if it is on a subconscious level, that the DarkLords may actually be onto something.

I doubt that those using such phrases have truly disengaged their minds and emotions from the End of Times Armageddon nonsense and world events as they occur.

Come on in, hangers on, the water's fine (Oh Brother Where Art Thou). Let it Go (Frozen). Turn it off (Book of Mormon).

Either that or their brain cells aren't fully functioning. But there is a lot of that on this site.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I hate the expression now. I avoid it .

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I was always offended as a non JW attending any JW event to hear the reference of their faith as 'The Truth'.

Not because I had any reservations about my own faith in some kind of side by side comparison, but because I had also heard the term 'lying for the Truth' which was a reference to lying to promote " the Truth"

How can ANYONE call it "The Truth" when you are encouraged to LIE to promote it? [Lying for the Truth=theocratic warfare]

Oxymoron on steroids.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I find it somewhat triggering.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just call it "the society" whenever I talk of the religion.

It gives it the "cultish" sound it deserves.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ stuck...

Same.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So how do you feel about the expression "the truth" now?

That's why we always put it in "quotes". Gotta admit, I love: TTATT -- I'd have that put on a T-Shirt but I am trying to do the "fade" and that would cause a shitstorm. . . . Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Desirous - "...I'd have that put on a T-Shirt..."

Ditto.

I've been thinking about a tattoo for a long time. Maybe in ambigram form.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

On the rare occasion that a Jehovah's Witness will talk to me, i refer to their religion as "your religion". And if they use say "the truth" i remind them that that would mean Rutherford, Knorr, and every JW prior to the "overlapping generation" teaching wernt in "the truth" then were they?

The most annoying is the book "What Does The Bible Really Teach?" which has been updated at least twice since it was first published... so the first edition wasn't what the bible really taught? Was it in fact apostasy then? Are the writers of the first edition to attend a JC for writing such lies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit