New K.Hall Design, Mansfield

by BluesBrother 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Cangie
    Cangie
    Apparently, you can convince JW's to like anything the FDS tells them to...just ask "Brother Bob." And will somebody tell the commenters on JWTalk to stop using the word "homely" to describe KH's they like (which means "plain and ugly.") Oh, wait...maybe that IS what they mean...
  • prologos
    prologos
    Billy the Ex Bethelite: "--I wonder if the walls go up high enough to serve as a parapet as required by the Mosaic Law. For those that think it's ugly, would decorations , --Bathsheba likenesses on the flat bathing roof change your opinion?
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    It is a great design, as it could be used for anything. They can build them with free labour and donations, and flick them off a few years later at a handsome profit for industrial usage.
  • sir82
    sir82

How depressing. Looks like a suburban dentist's office.

Cliched question about JWs, 1980-2015: "Why do you guys have churches without any windows?"

Cliched question about JWs, 2016 - onward: "Why do you guys meet for church in a dentist's office?"

• tiki
    tiki
    Ugly as sin.....could be easily converted into a gas station. And in classy Mansfield??
  • bohm
    bohm
    At last, science has found a way to make square turds!
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

What this looks like is one of those abandoned suburban buildings that fundy churches get cheaply, and meet there until they can build their own building that actually looks like a place of worship.

The GB has decided they can speed up the process! Instead of waiting for Bob's Tire Ranch to go out of business, they will build it, use it for 'worship' and sell it off!

Truly, Jehovah's chariot is moving fast!

How glad we can be that we are part of his universal (as in, our buildings can be used for anything) organization!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Ok, I get it now. Thinking back to when there was that video on this whole thing from the Society about these new style KHs I could not really understand why they wouldn't show us a model of the new style. Hey, now we all know. Because they are so butt ugly and every JW would gasp in their mind when they saw it.

Yeah, that explains a lot. I kept in anticipation to actually seeing the new design only to never seeing it in the video, big let down, but now I know why...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Hey! I found a pic of the inside! Lots of literature and big TV screens!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

When reading the JW comments I can't help but get the feeling that:

(A)Although they might not come out and say it they are at the very least aprehensive about the design, perhaps to the point of not liking it.

(B)They are unsure of the direction that the society is taking with this but suspect it could be a property flip. If I was still indoctrinated I would be asking myself why build halls that look like warehouses when we are so near the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit