What we did when attending a dry JW wedding reception.

by smiddy3 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

@ShirleyW, Central Business District?

• blondie
    blondie

Some jws go dry because if anyone attending got stupid drunk and drove afterward or did something else worthy of disfellowshipping, the host would be held liable by the BOE/WTS.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    @ShirleyW, Central Business District?

Could be, have no idea, sounds good though

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I wonder what Tony Morris would do.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am an alcoholic. My JW wedding reception was dry. It was primarily because it was held at a public park facility that insisted on no alcohol. But I had no problem with that seeing I was not a partaker.

So my dad, never a JW, told me later about having alcohol outside in his vehicle.

At my brother's (non-JW) wedding reception, my dad had alcohol in a bag just in case the dinner was dry.

I mention this because most people should be able to endure without alcohol if that's what the occasion calls for.

Y'all might seriously consider that you have a problem if you need a flask or something sneaky to feed your urge.

• AnonVet
    AnonVet
    Not alcohol-related, but this reminds me of what has to be the worst wedding reception I've attended. JW wedding. It was supposed to be a "make your own taco" type buffet. What a disaster. The food ran out before half the people got to eat. And those that got to eat had a heck of a time with sloppy food. Quite a few people left to go to McDonald's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit