I predicted a lottery number from a pattern, is the lottery NOT random or is random held to a universal force?

by EndofMysteries 25 Replies latest social current

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I heard a bunch of elderly JW ladies predict the lotto numbers while they were talking about removing the WTS from their respective wills. True story.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi 2+2=5,

You wrote:

Spew away

Weeeeeeeell ok then, this information may be old hat to you and I apologize in advance. If you asked a mathematician, scientist, engineer or man child (me) about randomicity and stochastic systems, the first question they should ask is: What is the probability distribution of the outcomes, which reduces to the problem of the probability that a particular event will occur.

For example say you have a fair six sided die. What is the probability of getting the number four?

Well that's sort of obvious, its 1 chance in a possibility of 6 outcomes or to put in simple mathematical terms: P=1/6 (16.667%)

What if you added a second die? Well you can get at minimum the number 2 (two ones) and the maximum of the number 12 (two sixes). So the probability of a particular outcome is 1 in 11. Right? Well actually no. The moment you have multiple events which are summed, the probability is different for each possible outcome.

How does this work?

To get a two, you need a 1 and a 1.

To get a three you need to throw a 1 and a 2 or you could throw a 2 and a 1.

To get a four you could throw a 1 and a 3, a 3 and a 1, or a 2 and a 2.

So there are 36 possible combinations that you can throw with a set of 2 dice, which affects the probability as follows:

So with a pair of dice, you're most lightly to throw the number 7 at 17% probability and the lowest is 2 or 12 at 3%. The more dice you add, the more the Probability distribution will start looking like a bell curve. This is famously the normal or Gaussian distribution, which can be discrete or continuous:

Probability density function for the normal distribution

Sooooo... what if you had a set of 5 dice, with 45 sides each and you threw them all together and viewed the outcome as a summed event (as was done with the set of 2 dice)?

Continue?

• bohm
    bohm

Another pattern I have noticed is the lottery numbers are often even (like, at least 50% of the time) and that the Illuminati tends to change the pattern whenever I have figured it out to prevent me from winning even though I am nearly always right retrospectively in my predictions.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, that settles it.

From here on in, I'm obviously consulting EndofMysteries for all my prognostication needs. :smirk:

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Easy folks, a group of 26 (there are 26 mega numbers) each member kick in $100.00 and pick

one mega number. You pick three of your favorite numbers and wheeled the other two.

Example if I pick 6 (my favorite number) for the mega and 16 26 39 X X mega 6, a hundred

picks X 25 other members pick=2600 chances. For a billions dollars I would kick in a 100 bucks.

OK who's in.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

So far based on the answers, none explain how i knew a 1 or 34 would get selected. Out of all possible 69 numbers from a certain date, there was a pool of numbers that eventually were not selected yet, while several were selected a few times. The past few weeks each of the remaining numbers that weren't selected yet were getting finally selected. Last night it was down to two, 1 and 34. Lo and behold 34 is picked.

Technically both numbers should have had a 1/69 probability of being selected but the fact they hadn't and each week 1 from that small pool of numbers was being selected. 1 is now overdue. I'd be surprised if 1 was drawn next because it's the only 1 left but it will be very soon. I'll have a 1 on one of my draws for the next few ones.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    So far based on the answers, none explain how i knew a 1 or 34 would get selected.

You didn't know. Your pet 'theory' got lucky and you made a topic about it. If 34 hadn't come up would you have posted that?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Yep, you got lucky.

The study of chance, risk and chaos theory is a fascinating and complex line of study. I can recommend a book called 'against the gods, the remarkable story of risk '.

Basically, unless you are god, you cannot predict a random pattern of numbers similar to a lottery draw.

Most gambling systems, like counting cards in blackjack give the gambler minuscule improvement in his chances to avoid catastrophic failure.

Someone else in this thread also mentioned large groups of numbers, which are needed to have any chance to recognise any sort of pattern.

Insurance companies use these numbers to calculate how much risk they can afford based on the probability of a particular event happening once or reoccurring.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

So, Saintbertholdt, if there were 5 dice, each with 45 sides, the number of possibilities would be 45 to the 5th power? (45*45*45*45*45)

I have a cheesy calculator. 45 to the 4th power is 4,100,625. If I multiply that number by 45, I get an error.

So, basically that's a huge freakin' number of possibilities. I don't know how to analyze which number is most likely to be thrown!

I like math, but took statistics in college a long time ago. Thanks for your insight!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    It's possible for the numbers to be 1 2 3 4 5 and suplimentary number is 6....thats how life on earth started a fluke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit