UC Berkeley Reverses order cancellation of Ann Coulter speech

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

UC Berkeley orders cancellation of Ann Coulter speech

Officials at the University of California at Berkeley on Thursday reversed their decision to cancel a speech by conservative firebrand Ann Coulter.

The university had announced Wednesday that it was canceling Coulter’s appearance following several political protests in Berkeley that turned violent.

But on Thursday, the university said it had found a venue where it could hold the speech on May 2, instead of the original April 27 date. However, a leader of the college Republican group that originally invited Coulter said the university was placing strict conditions on the event, and he said his group intended to reject the new terms.

Before the reversal was announced, Coulter had vowed to go ahead with an appearance anyway.

That probably would have put security officials on high alert and might have sparked another showdown in struggles over campus safety, student views and ideological openness.

“What are they going to do? Arrest me?” she said late Wednesday on the Fox News show “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

Coulter said she “called their bluff” by agreeing to rules set by the university seeking to prevent violence.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Before the reversal was announced, Coulter had vowed to go ahead with an appearance anyway.

She`s as crazy, as the violent protesters..

Image result for ann coulter quotes

• Landy
    Landy

Was there anything wrong with posting this in the existing thread?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Have you seen her on the daily talk show circuit within the last few years, even taking the latest POTUS election out of the picture, the chick is nuts

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Good.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

the chick is nuts.....ShirleyW

And a..

Image result for cold heartedImage result for Ann Coulter Quotes

• waton
    waton

All these bans, violent protests to shut down discourse and debate, just shows the fragile reasons that the opposers stand on. can not stand to hear an opposing view expressed.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    All these bans, violent protests to shut down discourse and debate, just shows the fragile reasons that the opposers stand on. can not stand to hear an opposing view expressed.

Does that include the violence when people open fire in theaters, or when a white policeman kills an unarmed black man?

• waton
    waton
    Does that include the violence in--.

sm 1010" of course it does, violence is a step too far, The beatings of non flag saluters that i saw in the 1930s, the book burnings. Even the shooting of armed [police] men as in Paris can be wrong. Killing an unarmed black man? or 4 white men. like in Fresno CA? of course. But then, you do not have be armed to present a mortal danger to others. a hit in the head will do it, like the young lady that was killed defending girls from being harassed by a group of imports, in Europe.

Violence shows you have lost your reasonable arguments.

I love to listening to opposing views, Ann, and the opposing left leaning lady were always fun.

• LV101
    LV101

Outlaw -- are these quotes verifiable? I never listen to her but I've never heard anyone discuss her views like this. WOW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit